IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.
7/26/21, 10:33 AM   #21
Re: Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.
buster***

that track was very very dry and doesn't hold moisture very well it's very hard to pass on and requires a lot of HP the drivers have to take chances to get around the slower car in front of him Grant just ran out of real estate and he knew it so if the drivers just stayed in line it would be a follow the leader race which would be pretty boring.

7/26/21, 10:46 AM   #22
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster*** View Post
that track was very very dry and doesn't hold moisture very well it's very hard to pass on and requires a lot of HP the drivers have to take chances to get around the slower car in front of him Grant just ran out of real estate and he knew it so if the drivers just stayed in line it would be a follow the leader race which would be pretty boring.
A newbie! Welcome!

7/26/21, 10:57 AM   #23
duel

I know. probably a bad choice of words on my part. The national points guys do seem more aggressive. They can afford it.

2 members like this post: mscs20, tirespinner
7/26/21, 11:00 AM   #24
2rock21

Jadon should get away from usac.

7/26/21, 11:08 AM   #25
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
Brady Bacon does not have any history of dirty driving. He did get into Weir pretty bad but it's not like it happens all the time, I think I'll give him a pass on this one.
You lost me at “Bacon does not have any history of dirty driving”. I’ve seen him dump several people down through the years.

7/26/21, 11:15 AM   #26
kb78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
Grant didn't want to admit he was short and did his best to pass the buck and gave a BS answer. He knew he was short. Why, does the guy whos running that line have an obligation to lift if the other is short, hence this situation? There is a difference between contact and sending someone into the next county. That slider takes a long time to develop going uphill and decelerating where as going to a hole on entry can close quite quickly hence the Bilbee situation. I give Bilbee credit, he could have flat drilled him in the driver compartment if he continued to entry and didn't try to veer right, which just cut a LR.
BS answer? Your right, a better answer would have been " SLIDE OR DIE" or maybe go with the " They have to realize I am going for a championship". He went with an honest answer and I'll take it.

Let's say I stick the bottom in 1 and 2 and you are on the cushion, now as we come down the backstretch I arc up to the wall to go into 3 but I'm only to your front wheel. Are you going to lift or are you going to eat the wall because you shouldn't have to change your line? This happens all the time as well, it's much less aggressive but the same situation. If you don't lift someone is crashing.

Why do I get the feeling that if Kyle Larson would have showed up and pulled these same moves we would have celebrated his hard racing style? Because he does it in the midgets and no one cares.

3 members like this post: dstensland, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
7/26/21, 11:19 AM   #27
winglessmd

To quote Jack Hewitt….. if these things were safe and easy to drive everyone in the grandstand would want to drive one……or to update his quote, everyone behind a keyboard

7/26/21, 11:24 AM   #28
yeleyfan76

Grant does have a history of being aggressive but I don't think he "laughed" off his contact with Rogers, he said he would look at the video and if he short slid him he was sorry but if Rogers had a chance to stab the brakes and cut under him was not.

If he determines that his decision to try an unsuccessful move could have been avoided by the other driver hitting the brakes, then I must have forgotten what racing is. He came out on nite 1 of the season to play off driving over his “friend” Jake Swanson in Florida by saying I’m not here to make friends I’m here to win races. For me that means any move he tries good or bad is ok because he is here to win races. I sure do hope if it’s down to the wire for the championship out west and he gets stuffed in the fence by a bad slider by someone who thought JG could have tapped the brakes, he doesn’t ***** about.

4 members like this post: jonboat15, oppweld, sw1911, tirespinner
7/26/21, 11:25 AM   #29
captrat

When was the last time someone was set down for "rough driving"? Hit them in the pocketbook, points, etc.

7/26/21, 11:28 AM   #30
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
when was the last time someone was set down for "rough driving"? Hit them in the pocketbook, points, etc.
#12?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.