IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rules Question
7/10/10, 5:19 PM   #1
Rules Question
wingsareforcheaters

The new rule that you have to transfer through the heats to keep your top 6 qualifying spot is bs. If this is the case then they should only invert 4 instead of 6 especially when group qualifying. Why are we always trying to reinvent the wheel?...go back to single car qualifying and get rid of this dumb rule.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/10/10, 5:28 PM   #2
Re: Rules Question
richie

As a fan, I like single car qualifying and I do like the new rule of having work your way to a transfer spot to get your qualifying time back.

The only part I think should be changed is that the Semi transfers should line up behind the drivers who transferred through the heat races in the feature.

2 members like this post: HoosierMikey, Need For Speed
7/10/10, 5:33 PM   #3
RGardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsareforcheaters View Post
The new rule that you have to transfer through the heats to keep your top 6 qualifying spot is bs. If this is the case then they should only invert 4 instead of 6 especially when group qualifying. Why are we always trying to reinvent the wheel?...go back to single car qualifying and get rid of this dumb rule.
Posted via Mobile Device
Having to have to make it out of your heat makes it better racing in the heats!
Posted via Mobile Device

7/10/10, 5:41 PM   #4
wingsareforcheaters

Fitzpatrick, Gross, and Maybe Grant, but I can't remember for sure didn't transfer out of thier heat so the were moved back to start 7th, 8th, & 9th.....so why is it fair for the guys that qualified 7th, 8th, & 9th be rewarded simply for traferring through a heat....it still doesn't make sense to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/10/10, 5:43 PM   #5
TNRustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
As a fan, I like single car qualifying and I do like the new rule of having work your way to a transfer spot to get your qualifying time back.

The only part I think should be changed is that the Semi transfers should line up behind the drivers who transferred through the heat races in the feature.
Agreed!

7/10/10, 5:55 PM   #6
JstAbvVMC

At one time a west coast midget association did not require you to transfer through your heat. You only had to take the green in a heat. Dirt and pavement and pavement had a RR tire rule.

What happened?? Everybody putted around or pulled off in one lap because they did not want to burn off the RR.

On dirt why race to the front, abuse equipment and possibly get caught up in a crash with a slower car which nearly all in front of your are??

Transfer the top 4 or 6 or whatever, but there has to be a reason to race in the heats or some (most) won't....Money is in the A, not Heat 1...

1 member likes this post: HoosierMikey
7/10/10, 7:04 PM   #7
Sandy Lowe

Last season USAC inverted the top 32 qualifiers in the heats (quick time started 8th, 24th quick started 3rd, and 32nd quick started 1st). The top 4 finishers transferred to the feature and everyone else ran the semi. They started the semi straight up by qualifying times and the top 6 finishers transferred to the feature. They lined the feature up by qualifying times except they inverted the fastest 6 cars that made the feature.

This season USAC inverts the top 24 qualifiers in the heats (quick time starts 6th, 24th quick starts first, and 32nd quick starts 8th). The top 4 finishers still transfer to the feature and everyone else runs the semi. The semi is still straight up by qualifying times with the top 6 finishers transferring. The fastest 6 cars that transfer from the heats are inverted at the front of the feature field. The 6 transfers from the semi are added to the remaining 10 heat transfers and started straight up by qualifying times in rows 4 on back.

The trade off for having to race your way thru the heat for a top 6 starting position was to invert less cars.

1 member likes this post: Speedracer
7/10/10, 11:21 PM   #8
HoosierMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post

I agree with ritchie!!!!

7/11/10, 7:52 AM   #9
PittDude

If they line the feature by qualifing then why have heat races...

Have qualifing heats the line up everyone that transfer from the heats by passing points. Semi transfer behind them
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rules Question