IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sprint63122 (Offline)
  #11 7/29/18 11:35 PM
Just added a 410 win at 34 raceway tonight with the all stars have to say the last of the big three still winning
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #12 7/29/18 11:36 PM
And Sam won tonight at 34 raceway! Non of those guys are done! Jac is still in the top 5 or 6 in allstar points! Check this out. Dave wins at Haubstadt, Danny Smith wins at Atomic, Sammy wins at 34, Dewease wins at port royal, all we need is Brent Kaeding to win in Cali and the old guys rule the sprint car nation!
2 Likes: jdull99, motorhead748
revjimk (Offline)
  #13 7/30/18 1:07 AM
captrat (Offline)
  #14 7/30/18 5:53 PM
Double file restarts sometimes provide a false picture.
2 Likes: flagboy55, spicoli
Jim Gardner (Offline)
  #15 7/30/18 6:40 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
Double file restarts sometimes provide a false picture.
They're the industry standard in winged racing so....... that doesn't make any sense. At all. That's the argument you've resorted to?

Jim Gardner
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #16 7/30/18 8:02 PM
How about the roster of talent the All Stars are bringing to the race track? a few years back this group was all but history . . . . . Thanks again Tony

Sammy makes any race more interesting
8 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jdull99, mc/rider, motorhead748, PIT CART, progressive22, smith19, speed bump
captrat (Offline)
  #17 7/30/18 8:36 PM
Not an argument. This is a gimmick which has made it into racing. So if a car starts 14th in a single file restarts they have 13 cars to pass. Starting 14th in a double file you could have as few as 7 cars to pass. Sprint car racing is pure; no fuel stops, no double file restarts, no lucky dog, etc.
3 Likes: flagboy55, Simon_says17, spicoli
Midget98 (Offline)
  #18 7/31/18 7:56 AM
Originally Posted by captrat:
Not an argument. This is a gimmick which has made it into racing. So if a car starts 14th in a single file restarts they have 13 cars to pass. Starting 14th in a double file you could have as few as 7 cars to pass. Sprint car racing is pure; no fuel stops, no double file restarts, no lucky dog, etc.
You're assuming one of the rows just stops I guess huh? I've watched a lot of restarts (both single and double) and nearly every one ends up back to nose to tail by the middle of the first corner. It might be a gimmick, but I've never seen it really have much impact on the outcome.
captrat (Offline)
  #19 7/31/18 2:52 PM
Think you need to rethink this. Think about heat races where a car in row 3 often gets the lead by quickly passing 2-3 cars. Lastly, what motivation other than getting more cars closer to the front would there be for a double file restarts. Ask NASCAR and WoO.
oldfan49 (Offline)
  #20 7/31/18 8:18 PM
Originally Posted by Midget98:
You're assuming one of the rows just stops I guess huh? .
In this part of the country that can be pretty true. Which row you start in can make a difference of many positions before you can get back in line or how many you drive by before they can get back in line.