IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WOO. Could another series rivel them if done right? Not NST.
8/15/17, 5:25 PM   #1
WOO. Could another series rivel them if done right? Not NST.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

I had a thought while reading a thread over on the 4m website. Yeah WOO has 40 some years of success. Could another national series rival them if built properly. What would happen if Lucas Oil started a 410 Wing series; could it work if done the right way? Would it be a good thing for there to be a bit of competition with a 2nd national series? Yes I know they have the ASCS but that's a 360 series. The All-Stars aren't exactly a national series. Not be forgotten but I don't think the National Sprint Tour (NST) was that great or done right to hold any chance of longevity and having long term success like the World Of Outlaws. Lucas goes head to head with the WOO Late Models why not with the Sprints?

8/15/17, 6:09 PM   #2
david mitchell
Banned

I think the world of outlaws are too well established and funded for anyone to be a threat to them.unless,a multi millionaire wanted to start another series and paid outrageous money,i don't think it could happen.racers and loyalty exist until more money comes along.if more money was offered the woo regulars would be like rats jumping off a sinking ship.

1 member likes this post: RadRacer
8/15/17, 9:34 PM   #3
treecitytornado

It's been tried twice with the best drivers in the business and didn't work twice with USA or NST. Maybe third time is a charm!?

8/15/17, 10:45 PM   #4
Re: WOO. Could another series rivel them if done right? Not
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
It's been tried twice with the best drivers in the business and didn't work twice with USA or NST. Maybe third time is a charm!?
Good point. I just figured with Forest Lucas & Lucas Oil there would be a better chance of it working. God knows he probably has the resources and the money. But It would be hard with out tracks like Eldora, Knoxville, Lernerville, Wiliams Grove, Silver Dollar, ect. It also make me wonder if driver would jump ship from WOO

1 member likes this post: treecitytornado
8/16/17, 12:10 AM   #5
jim goerge

Knoxville told BOTH series that the Nationals were being run by the track, while The Earl of Eldora said no one series is going to run at his track. Both series backed down.

8/16/17, 5:03 AM   #6
percynz

Often imitated, never duplicated......

5 members like this post: Jbaldwin, miledirt, RadRacer, staggerman, treecitytornado
8/16/17, 8:18 AM   #7
ossuks

How did the band KISS get into this conversation?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, superstock30
8/16/17, 9:39 AM   #8
jdull99

Y segment short track racing even more tho???
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

8/16/17, 9:55 AM   #9
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I don't think there are enough 410 sprint teams to support another touring series. You would need about 14 to 16 full times drivers to make it work.

8/16/17, 12:36 PM   #10
staggerman

IMO I don't see any changes with Woo. I have always thought if someone could create a Woo type series for non winged as in my opinion USAC is far behind the show put on by Woo. I thought back in the day the NWWC had a chance to grow into something. Picture a non winged series that paid a Woo purse each night and tow money and solid point payout. That would be awesome. Tough thing is a nonwinged tour would need to be self sustaining as there is few areas of the country that could bring cars to support. Guy has to dream.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WOO. Could another series rivel them if done right? Not NST.