IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > THAT did you look around?
5/23/08, 1:04 AM   #1
THAT did you look around?
D.O.

Did you look around tonight while at THAT?
Did you see the infield filled with Kids and Familys?
I saw a kid walk up to Hockett's pit with a football. Jessie was working and saw the boy. Opened his arms and the boy tossed the ball and Jessie played catch a few times. Behind the Truckers Pit 3 boys climbed on top of the fence and watched the team work. Racing and THAT made a lot of new fans tonight.
The grandstand crowd was large except where SHortBus was. But a great crowd. Yea the racing was pretty good too !
Lots of radio adds on WIBC today as well.

Congrats to everybody who made it happen at THAT tonight. They did a great job and put on a show.

D.O.
:dologob:

5/23/08, 1:12 AM   #2
Re: THAT did you look around?
Jerry Shaw

I'll give credit where credit is due, D.O. You've been waving the "Put the pits back in the infield" banner for three our four years, that I know of. As it turns out, it was the best change that they could have made. It has reconnected the fans and the race teams @ THAT.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5/23/08, 1:30 AM   #3
Midget82

I remember growing up, being one of the kids in the infield playing catch.

It's great to see the action back in "Action Track": in, on, and around it. Couldn't ask for a much better turnout in the stands and the racing was great... How 'bout that Brad Kuhn and the Truckers' Boys??!! :applaud:

5/23/08, 1:36 AM   #4
ThrottleHead

I know some of the teams still do not like the setup of unloading to the infield, but EVERYONE I talked to in the infield Thurday night LOVED it! More fans were made.... and afterall isn't that what it's all about?

Great job DHK Promotions on a great night at Terre Haute! I dare say the ACTION TRACK IS BACK IN ALL IT'S RIGHTFUL GLORY!!!!!!

5/23/08, 1:36 AM   #5
Pushtruck

A big round of applause for Mike King, Davey Hamilton, Brian Dorsett, and Chris Novotny (and Tim Wolfe) for a job well done. :applaud::applaud::applaud:

Great USAC show tonight. One of the biggest crowds I have seen at Terre Haute in many years. The Action Track is back.

Thank you gentlemen.

Joe

5/23/08, 1:46 AM   #6
D.O.

In the drivers meeting it was mentioned as a Thank You to the teams for pitting in the infield and that USAC [B. Carey] didn't hear one complaint from a team. I'm sure some member were grumbling about it but they did it and all the fans enjoyed it. 50/50 on a golf cart, Monster drink driving around passing out samples from a nice looking girl.
Lots of displays behind the Grandstand for folkes to look at.

5/23/08, 1:54 AM   #7
throb

tonight was awesome!!!! the grandstands were PACKED the racing was awesome and the track was great as well! all in all a perfect night of racing! i was proud to be part of it! great job THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/23/08, 2:11 AM   #8
1BIGracefan

Going back to Terre Haute tonight is like going back in time for me. I love them pitting in the infield it brings back some great memories from when I was younger. I saw several young fans eyes light up just getting to see the drivers up close let alone talk to them. DHK is giving the sport back where it belongs to the fan. Just ones mans opinion.

5/23/08, 2:46 AM   #9
Danny Burton

Often I miss having my grandson with me at a race. Tonight would have been special for him had he been there. Me too.

It was as good as it gets. Short track racing in America at its finest.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

5/23/08, 4:02 AM   #10
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
Did you look around tonight while at THAT?
Did you see the infield filled with Kids and Familys?
I saw a kid walk up to Hockett's pit with a football. Jessie was working and saw the boy. Opened his arms and the boy tossed the ball and Jessie played catch a few times. Behind the Truckers Pit 3 boys climbed on top of the fence and watched the team work. Racing and THAT made a lot of new fans tonight.
The grandstand crowd was large except where SHortBus was. But a great crowd. Yea the racing was pretty good too !
Lots of radio adds on WIBC today as well.

Congrats to everybody who made it happen at THAT tonight. They did a great job and put on a show.

D.O.
MAYBE SHORTBUS HAD BEEN ON HIS THRONE TO LONG

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > THAT did you look around?