IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Redbull5 (Offline)
  #1 1/15/17 10:09 PM
Wanting to know if people rent engines at the chili bowl/daquoin wanting to know a price and info on how it all works. Let me know.
darnall (Offline)
  #2 1/15/17 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Redbull5:
Wanting to know if people rent engines at the chili bowl/daquoin wanting to know a price and info on how it all works. Let me know.
when the fontana motor in my chilibowl loaner cooked itself in prelim night hotlaps in 2011 a good buddy offered me his spare gearte to use. I had one of only 4 maxim midget chassis there that year, and try as I might for 2 straight days I couldn't find a maxim/gearte motorplate...or even a motorplate wide enough to fit the chassis to adapt to a gearte.

I went to the Fontana guys and all they had left that they were willing to rent out was one of their Rhino engines and they wanted $3500 to go to the trouble of making sure it got installed right for me to potentially only run a 10 lap K main sat morn then take it back out.

I have to imagine the figure would have been close to that if I had made previous arrangements to rent one for the entire week...or not a major amount different.

I imagine if I was somebody they had heard of before...or a customer who they dealt with regularly...or one of their bigger customers needing motors to field extra cars the rental prices start getting a lot nicer.