IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action track status
7/4/11, 1:34 PM   #211
Re: Action track status
CRA91

Not trying to start an argurment,but if the track was packed as tight as it looked like it was and according to what some people already said about moisture being under the sealed over top layer of dirt,this race would've probably been a dust bowl even if they would've ran it at night It's more about track prep than it being a day or night show.

2 members like this post: Hubie, Indy1808
7/4/11, 2:28 PM   #212
sw1911

Should they have graded up the track and collected the rain under these circumstances?

7/4/11, 3:30 PM   #213
cmcooper2

I am still amazed on the fact that people actually think LPS is going to get a race for Sprint week or the fact that they think it is that great of a racetrack. I do not understand either why they are running saturday night when they are running down at Tri-State.

1 member likes this post:
7/4/11, 3:30 PM   #214
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
Sure we will all still go to the races but I do not know how anybody can defend the current staff at USAC. The have become a joke which is sad but true.
I can defend them. They are technically a non-profit, but the board has decided to focus on generating revenue. The fact is, for USAC, off road racing generates 20x the revenue of circle tracking. With the pressure to focus on revenue, there is no other option than to neglect the circle tracks and rely on the tracks themselves for safe preparation and marketing. There is an attitude that these races 'just happen' and USAC is doing everybody a favor by showing up and waving the flags. For many years, USAC kept its integrity while still being controversial, but so much changed in the last few years. The USAC emblem wasn't always for sale in the way it is today. I do wish them good luck in snowmobile track preparation and whatever additional ventures they decide to take on.
Last edited by deannalynn; 7/4/11 at 4:11 PM.

7/4/11, 4:09 PM   #215
dirttrackfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcooper2 View Post
I am still amazed on the fact that people actually think LPS is going to get a race for Sprint week or the fact that they think it is that great of a racetrack. I do not
understand either why they are running saturday night when they are running
down at Tri-State.
I can tell u obviously haven't been to LPS since Spiker took it over, if ever !!!They are a Saturday track and do not affect the car counts elsewhere due to the 2 + hour drive. I've seen some of the best sprint drivers at LPS many Saturday nights!! Darland, Stanbrough, Hollingsworth, Christian, Tmez, Cottle, to mention a few!
Posted using Mobile Device

4 members like this post: agar, mowerman, racephoto1, terrehautian
7/4/11, 4:24 PM   #216
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcooper2 View Post
I am still amazed on the fact that people actually think LPS is going to get a race for Sprint week or the fact that they think it is that great of a racetrack. I do not understand either why they are running saturday night when they are running down at Tri-State.

LPS is a really nice track. Spiker has really done a good job with the track. The setting of LPS is really neat too being the stands are on a hill side. I am a big THAT fan, but if they do the same track prep as Sunday. I don't want a race there day or night race, because I am afraid if they do track prep like that again, there is going to be a serious wreck that will hurt someone. Another thing about LPS, it is about as equal as a track as one could be. A small town racer can whop up on those national racers.

LPS should get a ISW date sometime and it made sense to move the race 30 minutes to LPS over other tracks.

As for competing with TSS, not likely. Local racers will likely go to LPS if they know they can't compete with million dollar teams.
Last edited by terrehautian; 7/4/11 at 4:25 PM.

7/4/11, 4:39 PM   #217
Sawdust101

This has got to be the all-time most looked at post for a 24 hr time frame. Now for THAT when Sprint Week happens I am there and want to see a great race just like in the days past.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Indy1808
7/4/11, 5:03 PM   #218
ekohl23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttrackfan View Post
They are a Saturday track and do not affect the car counts elsewhere due to the 2 + hour drive.
They don't affect the car count due to the 2+ hour drive? Well that's odd. I could've swore I saw quite a few Terre Haute area drivers at Tri-State this year and last. Shows how much you actually get away from the front of your computer.

7/4/11, 5:10 PM   #219
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekohl23 View Post
They don't affect the car count due to the 2+ hour drive? Well that's odd. I could've swore I saw quite a few Terre Haute area drivers at Tri-State this year and last. Shows how much you actually get away from the front of your computer.

There is drivers that do ISW (Blake Fitz, Chase S., and a few others), but there others who would rather go to where there isn't the million dollar hauler teams and would go to Putnamville if they were at TSS due to being able to compete with the local drivers over those others (like Krockenberger Racing to name one).

7/4/11, 6:34 PM   #220
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

After attending races at Bloomington on Friday night and Belle-Clair on Saturday night, I had done considerable driving and had two really late nights, and I had observed frequent lightning while driving back to Evansville from Belleville, also, I had heard there was some heavy weather to the north. So, after getting only about 3 hours of sleep, I decided I had better check IOW before heading to THAT. When I saw that there had been heavy rain at THAT, I thought that I would call off the trip, as I was extremely tired, but I attend every sprint, Silver Crown and midget event at THAT and just couldn't listen to my better judgment.
In hindsight, I should have listened to my head, not my heart. I guess I tend to be forgiving, as I have had other less than stellar days at THAT, including the April 9, 2000 NAMAR Hut Hundred that was mentioned in another thread, but I still return.
I hope they get things straightened out before ISW, as I would hate to see THAT cease to exist. I saw my first race there in 1967 and always looked forward to any event that is run there.
This had to be among the most disappointing days I have spent at a race track. I am sure the diehards like me will return, but the casual or first time fans probably will not.
Wouldn't it be interesting to hear what Jack Kraemer would have to say about yesterday?

6 members like this post: bandres21, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Indy1808, Mud Packer
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action track status