IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint Week
7/11/10, 3:06 AM   #1
Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint Week
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

What: USAC INDIANA SPRINT WEEK

Where: Brownstown Speedway, Brownstown, IN

When: Thursday night July 15th

Campers you can start arriving on Wednesday during the day or you can arrive after the Terre Haute event on Wednesday night, the gates will still be open.

General Admission is $20

HOT LAPS WILL BE AT 7PM

Also on the card will be the MMSA Mini Sprints

We tried out the Sprint Week track prep tonight, and the track was HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY with a cushion for our regular show tonight. And this was with five classes, and the first three features ending in the daytime. I think things are shaping up to be great for Thursday night!

If ANYONE needs anything on Thursday, feel free to get ahold of me at 812-650-2665 and I will do my best to accommodate your needs.

A decision on live video will be made sometime Thursday, I talked to Tim about everyones concerns on the board about the live video stream and he said he would think about it. This being his first BIG sprint car show of this magnitude hes really worried about fan count. You know how them Late Model promoters are when it comes to putting on sprint car shows If it is anything like the last USAC show a couple of years ago, I dont think there will be reason to worry.
Last edited by Chris Nunn; 7/11/10 at 3:09 AM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/11/10, 4:31 AM   #2
Re: Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint W
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

If you don't have enough bleachers, GET MORE! If you don't have enough concessions, STOCK MORE!

People were leaving GC tonight with Standing room only sign at the gate.
Im not complaining just pointing out tracks need to be prepared,

In fact Im proud to say that it seems like racing At least as far as fan count seems to be growing for the first time in 30 years and this isn't just sprint week.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/11/10 at 4:33 AM.

7/11/10, 8:14 AM   #3
1021gpa

i went to brownstown lastnight and if they get they track thursday like they did lastnight it will be a hell of a show

7/11/10, 9:12 AM   #4
Sandy Lowe

Chris,

(I think) the standard procedure at Brownstown is to pay the general admission price for the grandstand as you enter the fairgrounds then an extra $15 if you want to enter the pits.

How is this going to work for Sprint Week since general admission is $20 and pit passes are supposed to be $25 for USAC members and $30 for non-members?

Will it work differently if you are a USAC member or not?

Thanks,
Sandy

7/11/10, 10:41 AM   #5
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Please save a seat for my fat a** as I will be leaving Newark NJ Airport @ 11am for my trip to Brownstown. (Can't wait)

Later, JERSEY

7/11/10, 10:55 AM   #6
5JMOFFATTFAN!

there wont be enough room! Lol dont worry about few fans.. Hot laps at 7? Kinda late aint it.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/11/10, 11:10 AM   #7
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

7pm is good, this way if I have any delays in my travel I won't miss anything!!! Looks like it may be a late night

Later, JERSEY

7/11/10, 11:28 AM   #8
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
If you don't have enough bleachers, GET MORE! If you don't have enough concessions, STOCK MORE!

People were leaving GC tonight with Standing room only sign at the gate.
Im not complaining just pointing out tracks need to be prepared,

In fact Im proud to say that it seems like racing At least as far as fan count seems to be growing for the first time in 30 years and this isn't just sprint week.
I'll second the concessions, GC was out of everything. Largest crowd ever at GC. Glad I was a part of it. I Plan on being their thursday.

7/11/10, 12:35 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

Just for the record, they purchased a brand new grandstand a few years ago, and the town would not issue the permits to build it. I know the community does not support it much, in fact there is a poster on this site who gets on here and bashes the track constantly, and brags that he never goes there. If the race fans in the community are not supportive and positive you will never win over the others.

To the origional topic, Chris thank you for the invite, looking forward to returning to Brownstown.

7/11/10, 12:43 PM   #10
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseysprintnut View Post
7pm is good, this way if I have any delays in my travel I won't miss anything!!! Looks like it may be a late night

Later, JERSEY
We ran five classes last night and the first feature rolled at shortly after 8. With group qualifying and only two classes, I hope (knock on wood) that we can run off a fast and efficient program for everyone.

Count me in as PUMPED!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint Week