IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Updates 8/13
8/14/11, 3:30 AM   #21
Re: Burg Updates 8/13
lovindirt

yes thanks Dave for coming by and taking time to chat. Want to get back soon.
Jeff Sweat SAC 1 Racing

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
8/14/11, 12:00 PM   #22
hupp#9

So why are you guys bragging about the track there was no passing at all in sprint cars didn't watch mods but I know for a fact in the sprint heats not one person passéd over on car no matter how fast they were.. The feature kindof same deal you have to wait for a yellow to pass someone going into turn one
Posted using Mobile Device

8/14/11, 12:42 PM   #23
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by hupp#9 View Post
So why are you guys bragging about the track there was no passing at all in sprint cars didn't watch mods but I know for a fact in the sprint heats not one person passéd over on car no matter how fast they were.. The feature kindof same deal you have to wait for a yellow to pass someone going into turn one
Posted using Mobile Device
KT, Jr. and Jason Soudrette may disagree with this analysis concerning the A-Main. I certainly do agree with regard to the heat races; a good pill draw was vitally important last night.
Glad Andrew Elson was unscathed in his mishap.

8/14/11, 12:50 PM   #24
treecitytornado

Track was Awesome by feature time, only a little narrow in the heats. It came in good in the A-Main! Maybe a little less passing, but u don't have to guess on a set up as much, you can run the car hammer down, which is alot of fun!, and the fans don't get dust and dirt all over them! You couldn't ask for more!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
8/14/11, 1:12 PM   #25
kstudley57

Big thanks to Dave for finding the keys to the water truck because those were some seriously fun laps. Feeling a 410 motor bog down and lifting the front tires off the ground on a big track overcomes all the pain in the ass that is owning a sprint car. Next week i'm sure we'll have a track for the fans,but last night was one for the drivers! The smile was welded on my face all the way back to indy late last night.

8/14/11, 1:26 PM   #26
treecitytornado

Amen Kevin!
Posted via Mobile Device

8/14/11, 1:26 PM   #27
ThaBurgFan

Have to disagree with Logan on the Sprint FEATURE. That feature was awesome. KT jr was flying on the bottom and the race between Brady and Memmer was great. I wish Memmer wouldn't have had motor problems because that was shaping up to be the best finish of the year! I do agree that there wasn't much passing in the heats but I will take poor heats and great features anytime.

1 member likes this post: DWX 9929
8/14/11, 2:23 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I kinda agree with Logan on this one. Yeah there was passing in the feature but cars hammer down was no different than a winged heat with no passing. I love it wider with two grooves.

I don't know how it would have played out if Andrew and Memmer had kept in the race. IMHO it was probably going to be a three or four car battle with traffic being the winner maker.

That being said, It wasn't a bad track by any means. Not a tint of dust. I bet the tires came off with no blisters or wear and no rubber on the track. Seriously. Other than Short I doubt any team out there had all top equiptment. Yet about ten of them ran really really well on a heavy heavy 3/8ths. I know a couple teams don't even have much in the way of spares and they were top five and do it against the big boys as well.

Logan, Much improved this year and I've seen you at other tracks
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/14/11 at 2:25 PM.

1 member likes this post:
8/14/11, 3:39 PM   #29
aelson27

Let me say thanks for everybody's concern from my flip last night. It means a lot to me. But I would like to thank the unsung heros; the safety crew. Its a comforting sight to see when you have just stopped flipping and there's a giant truck not 10 feet away with guys pouring out of it as fast as they can with genuine concern. Bar none, the Lawrenceburg Safety crew is the best around. Thanks again for being there so quick.

Another thanks to Dave for working that track all night. He had a great track prepped and ready to go when the clouds decided to turn 180 and cover the track. To make it that racey through the course of the night deserves applause and praise. You keep getting better at it Rudi, and I can't wait to come back.

In the pits we weree parked next to the 36 camp. Congrats to those guys. Idk what you guys have figured out, but I want some.
But we were also parked next to the Leary #30. They were a nice group of people and CJ is a great kid. I don't know if any of you see this, but I really hope to see all of you back at the Burg more regularly.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/14/11, 3:42 PM   #30
SPRINTCAR

Track was narrow all through heats. Not real wide for feature either but had two distinct grooves of which the leaders were just flatfooting and not much room for the lappers to get out of the way.

I also credit the track for being wide as the whole field missed him.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Updates 8/13