IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow. Huge news.
11/2/13, 1:22 AM   #91
Re: Wow. Huge news.
Jbaldwin

Rules are rules. You break them you pay the consequence. I wish gas was .50 a gallon but its not. Hoosier helps pay feature purse. As soon as American racer ponies up they can dictate tire rules at local tracks. He who pays makes rules.

11/2/13, 5:47 PM   #92
racer5c

unfortunately Tire rules are not designed to save racers money, they are designed to create revenue for the tracks. When the midgets were running at 16th st speedway USAC mandated a spec right rear tire that was like 65 dollars if I remember right, might have been less. I only bought 3 right rears all year and probably could have ran all year on one maybe Two. the next year THE TRACK changed to a $135. tire that you could only get one night out of. I guess if they are going to have a tire rule then they need to build a storage building and keep everyones tires after a night of racing, and hand them back out the next week.

2 members like this post: DAD, EPSpeed
11/3/13, 9:40 AM   #93
BrentTFunk

I thought it was odd that they were still awarded third place. Seems like if they were DQ'ed it would be for the race that the infraction happened.

11/3/13, 10:13 AM   #94
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I thought it was odd that they were still awarded third place. Seems like if they were DQ'ed it would be for the race that the infraction happened.
Mr Funk After Bloomington gets the tire sample they have to send it to a lab somewhere for testing so I guess it takes least a couple of travel days for sample to get to lab a couple more days for actual test and couple more days for lab results before Bloomington even knows if tire passes So it takes a while so thats why track goes ahead and pays out plus it was their last race of the year so penalty applies this coming year

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
11/3/13, 10:55 AM   #95
ambrose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbaldwin View Post
Rules are rules. You break them you pay the consequence. I wish gas was .50 a gallon but its not. Hoosier helps pay feature purse. As soon as American racer ponies up they can dictate tire rules at local tracks. He who pays makes rules.
if hoosier helps pay for feature and or point fund moneys, that means you are paying your own extra feature moneys and point funds. if you have to run that tire, then it should be cheaper than it's competitor!

5 members like this post: DAD, HurstBros0, spicoli, sprint18, TQ29m
11/3/13, 11:57 AM   #96
TQ29m

Huh, wonder where the "extra" money goes? Are we in the "rocket science" area again?! My vote goes with an open tire rule, let me run what I pay for, not what someone else gets paid to tell me what to run! Bob

1 member likes this post: mscs20
11/3/13, 4:50 PM   #97
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrose1 View Post
if hoosier helps pay for feature and or point fund moneys, that means you are paying your own extra feature moneys and point funds. if you have to run that tire, then it should be cheaper than it's competitor!
Generally in any business if you buy in large enough volume you are given a discount. Kinda of like going to Sam's and buying a case of 60 rolls of TP its a lot cheaper than the Kroger's 6 pack.

If a track wants a tire rule they should be the ones to "sell" the tire to the racer and at a better price than the racer could buy it anywhere else. Leave the other 3 tires to the tire dealers. I would think the tire rule was there as a service to both the racer (price) and the track (rule control) and should be considered a loss leader.

If that old tire was hard as heck and lasted half a season the dealer wouldn't want to mess with it anyhow.

Any rule that takes 2 or 3 weeks to enforce is asinine and does not need to exist. Retribution for rule infringement needs to be swift and sure. Letting something go on for weeks would only creates problems and generates response on IOW reaching close to 30,000 hits.

You guys "keeping your eyes on the ball"?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/3/13 at 5:23 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wow. Huge news.