IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?
5/30/12, 5:29 PM   #41
Re: USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?
K-Dawg30

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
Anyone else having trouble with the link now?
Wont work for me either...

5/30/12, 5:53 PM   #42
Jack Dupp

Quote:
There was a clip on TV last week of an interview with the president of Ignite. He stated that Ignite fuel will be the exclusive fuel for all USAC divisions next year.
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com...m.asp?ID=53907
I had to go to the Inside Indiana Business web page and get the link on their video section. Reggie Henderson, president of Ignite Racing Fuels absolutely states that 100% of USAC will be "going green" next year.

I have discovered a fuel additive to make ethanol compatible with current engine set ups. It is called CH3OH and is to be mixed nine to nine and one half parts CH3OH to one part ethanol.
Last edited by Jack Dupp; 5/30/12 at 6:00 PM. Reason: CH3OH additive

5/30/12, 6:32 PM   #43
cowboyhar69

It worked for me...I just viewed it and at the 1:48 mark he did say USAC would be 100 percent ethanol next year!! This fuel was suppose to be free this year...so was ALL of the fuel free including practice and qualifying? At the IRP race a facebook post said it was a smell between sour mash and cat pee!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

5/30/12, 6:36 PM   #44
Vukie

Article from March.
http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...er-pit-pass-3/

5/30/12, 6:54 PM   #45
racephoto1

I've been busy for the last few days , and been away. I'll add a little more. Funk, if what you say is true about front engine cars, so long sprinters.

Now for USAC and their fall from grace. They have pretty much destroyed open wheel racing here in the midwest. Also if they didn't wreck it they gave it away. This is in the past 5 or 6 years.

Champ dirt cars, from the NASCRAP driven cars of a few years ago to the ethanol decision. And everything in between. It isn't the lack of fan interest, it's that USAC chased the fans away. When you got to the track as a casual fan you NEVER knew what you were going to get. Numerous fans I know, and not just a handful, stopped going to Racway Park after watching those ugly cars once. They didn't bother to go back again. You have to have something to get them to come back, and those cars weren't it.

Midgets, what are those? POWERi sure knows though don't they. They get national exposure and put out a product that everyone, fan wise ,enjoys. Great car counts too.

Pavement sprint cars, Mustsee Racing can only say , Thank You for quitting.

Ford Focus midgets, When this series started it went like gang busters. Combo cars on dirt and pavement, kept the price down. Of course that made too much sense. Split it between dirt and pavement , that's the ticket. Yes the ticket to kiling another series.

Last but not least dirt sprint cars. USAC has no product without the local support, 3or 4 teams don't make a series, no matter how you put it. Go to ethanol and you can kiss the locals good bye. No locals, no show

USAC has to remember they produce nothing. You go to their races under the assumption you are going to get a show. They own no cars, they have no drivers, just a sanction for the event. As the champ dirt cars are showing now, they really only have the ability to alienate there supporters, teams and fans. And without those they have nothing.

5/30/12, 9:39 PM   #46
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. I really want to see this series not only survive but to thrive. In order to do that, USAC or whomever, needs to get owners and drivers involved BEFORE mandating extreme changes.

With two races in the books for 2012, it certainly doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Silver Crown series is on life support. Add in forcing sprints and midgets to conform to the new fuel next year and USAC might as well send up the white flag.

It wasn't very long ago that folks were demanding a change at the top. The old saying of "be care what you wish for" apparently has come true. This administration certainly hasn't distinguished themselves favorably thus far in my opinion.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/30/12, 10:02 PM   #47
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
In order to do that, USAC or whomever, needs to get owners and drivers involved BEFORE mandating extreme changes.
I had the same thought as I read the article. Being pretty much a complete outsider, I have no idea how many teams/cars were involved in ethanol testing, or how many teams/owners were consulted, but it sounds to me like USAC pretty much made this decision on their own. If that's true, that's not a recipe for success. I thought the last sentence in the article, quoting Jason McCord, was telling: "It will hurt a little bit short term, but long term it will probably be OK." Probably? That doesn't inspire much confidence, does it? I'm not ready to give up on SC yet. I love those cars, both their beauty and their history. Living in Kansas doesn't give me much opportunity to see them (I guess opportunities are limited anyway, aren't they?), but I just saw my first Hoosier 100, and although the racing was way different than watching sprints or midgets on a short track, just watching those beauties storming down the straightaways was awe-inspiring. I sincerely hope they can be saved.

2 members like this post: SC90
5/30/12, 10:43 PM   #48
GeorgeDillingham32

I think it may well be time for drivers, car owners, and fans of Silver Crown/National Championship to get together and move forward into forming a new series dedicated to these cars or possibly branch off another existing sanctioning body to create a series for those who love these cars as much as I do. Quoting someone from a previous post how does the Powri Silver Crown series or even...the reformation of the AAA Silver Crown National Championship Series sound?! I know of at least two teams that would be on board!

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, IndyBound, SC90
5/30/12, 11:40 PM   #49
sc96

Usac and kevin miller are lining there pockets with cash if anyone thinks they are looking out for the average race team you are nuts. I herd it more than once all kevin miller is interested in is the big teams. He is also greasing up the quarter midget Dads to keep little johnny or betsey in usac then after dad is so deep in and goes broke he moves on to the next victom. The SC division is not going to be around in 10 yrs unless something really changes

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: IndyBound, jim goerge, monkeyboy, mowerman, Mud Packer, racephoto1
5/30/12, 11:58 PM   #50
Pat O'Connor Fan

Two months ago, in the thread linked below, it was pointed out that USAC sprint cars and midgets will be running on this fine corn product in 2013. The rants and howls should have started then !!

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...nt+cars&page=2

1 member likes this post: SC90
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?