IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Red flag on lap 51 of the 2010 Hoosier 100
Yes, throw the red on lap 51 for the fans. 9 8.74%
No uneccesary stoppage for whole 100 laps. 49 47.57%
I will attend either way 17 16.50%
I will not attend if there is a red flag on lap 51 28 27.18%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2010 Hoosier 100 decision?
5/15/10, 6:32 PM   #21
Re: 2010 Hoosier 100 decision?
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historial View Post
The Hulman-Hoosier Fiftyone / Fourtynine ??? Who in the name of little fish and all that's Holy came up with that idea?? Dirt Cars have run 100 miles FOREVER - I can't believe anyone would even consider changing one of the greatest traditions remaining in racing. I will never attend again if this redundant change catches on!! Is nothing sacred ???
I might be wrong, but once again I think USAC is getting bashed for something they did not come up with. Check with Bob Seargant.

5/15/10, 6:42 PM   #22
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
I might be wrong, but once again I think USAC is getting bashed for something they did not come up with. Check with Bob Seargant.
I knew the USAC apologists and spin doctors would show up eventually.

2 members like this post: PAW, Pine
5/16/10, 11:39 AM   #23
team3521

Well, this poll is showing with 85 votes so far,
47% are no red flag.
28% are NOT going to attend because of the red flag.
Just 8% said they were in favor of the red flag at lap 51.
16% said they will be there either way.

I will be there because I don't want to see this race die, but I am not excited about the red flag stoppage planned on lap 51. It ruins the intent of dirt champ car racing.

I think the writing is on the wall. By reading the posts on this forum, it's not just a bunch of people that are resistant to change. It is a bad idea and I believe you are going to see less people in the stands than ever which is really sad for such historical race.

A few people make a bad decision and it affects everyone involved.

Something that no one has brought here is that they are going to have the modifieds here this year and that is going to make for more rubber being laid down on that already tough on tires track. That in my opinion is going to change the complexion of this race drastically and then you throw in the red flag at lap 51. Bad, Bad decisions.

I don't give a crap about the modifieds. I'm going there to watch those beautiful Silver Crown cars race and I wish Mr. promoter, you would have left this race alone!

It wasn't broken so why fix it!

If you are reading this and have an opinon, please vote in the poll. Thank you.

SPRINTR - Sorry the poll wasn't set up to your liking, "It's too bad your poll makes people choose between whether they'll attend and how they feel about the red flag."

How else was I supposed to set it up?
A- you like it.
B- you don't like it?

5/16/10, 2:22 PM   #24
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Well, this poll is showing with 85 votes so far,
47% are no red flag.
28% are NOT going to attend because of the red flag.
Just 8% said they were in favor of the red flag at lap 51.
16% said they will be there either way.

I will be there because I don't want to see this race die, but I am not excited about the red flag stoppage planned on lap 51. It ruins the intent of dirt champ car racing.

I think the writing is on the wall. By reading the posts on this forum, it's not just a bunch of people that are resistant to change. It is a bad idea and I believe you are going to see less people in the stands than ever which is really sad for such historical race.

A few people make a bad decision and it affects everyone involved.

Something that no one has brought here is that they are going to have the modifieds here this year and that is going to make for more rubber being laid down on that already tough on tires track. That in my opinion is going to change the complexion of this race drastically and then you throw in the red flag at lap 51. Bad, Bad decisions.

I don't give a crap about the modifieds. I'm going there to watch those beautiful Silver Crown cars race and I wish Mr. promoter, you would have left this race alone!

It wasn't broken so why fix it!

If you are reading this and have an opinon, please vote in the poll. Thank you.

SPRINTR - Sorry the poll wasn't set up to your liking, "It's too bad your poll makes people choose between whether they'll attend and how they feel about the red flag."

How else was I supposed to set it up?
A- you like it.
B- you don't like it?

How about:

A. I LIKE the idea & WILL be there.
B. I HATE the idea but WILL be there anyway.
C. I HATE the idea & I WON'T be there because of it.

Stop by the SC #43 pit stall after the race, I'll buy you a BEER

steiny

5/16/10, 6:51 PM   #25
miledirt

If everything was great with the Hoosier 100, why would the promoter be trying something different to bring a better finish and potentially more fans in the future.

I think all the complainers should be glad there is a promoter coming over from Illinois to actually promote the race. The race may not have been "broken" but it was obviously hurting bad enough that the promoter felt that he had to try something.

2 members like this post: Seadog, Steve Wendel
5/16/10, 6:56 PM   #26
SPRINTCAR

Twin 50 lappers with only one winner!

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyricky View Post
With this RED FLAG %&*##. I will not be there either.
Does that mean your not coming to Cincinnati this year!

5/17/10, 12:03 PM   #27
team3521

miledirt,

Is your name Bob Sargent? Or are you a friend of his? Maybe you're affiliated with Track Associates? That's the way it appears from
your posts.

I can tell you that USAC could promote this race by themselves and it would sell. WHY? Because it's the Hoosier 100. That's why? Now it's the Hoosier 51/49.

Are you going to be supportive of this crap when he does it to Springfield and DuQuoin? It's going to change Champ dirt car racing into an overgrown sprint car race on a mile. That sucks!

I don't think that I am in the minority of people that are not happy about this change.

5/21/10, 11:01 AM   #28
team3521

This will make you smile and cry at the same time when you watch this video.

What has this series turned into? To me, it is so sad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0qL5ZitM_4&NR=1

Please vote in the poll.

5/21/10, 11:23 AM   #29
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
miledirt,

Is your name Bob Sargent? Or are you a friend of his? Maybe you're affiliated with Track Associates? That's the way it appears from
your posts.

I can tell you that USAC could promote this race by themselves and it would sell. WHY? Because it's the Hoosier 100. That's why? Now it's the Hoosier 51/49.

Are you going to be supportive of this crap when he does it to Springfield and DuQuoin? It's going to change Champ dirt car racing into an overgrown sprint car race on a mile. That sucks!

I don't think that I am in the minority of people that are not happy about this change.
lol

....hey brother, I'm not Bob Sargent, don't know Bob Sargent, don't have a cousin named Sargent.

I've said before, as a guy who hasn't missed a DuQuoin race in over 30 years, I'm NOT in favor of the red flag, however... it's not going to keep me from attending the Hoosier or the Ted Horn 100 at DuQuoin.

I go to a ton of races and this is my favorite series. I just want to see the series continue. My point was that I think some fans are being too hard on a promoter who is trying to make the race work, get more fans etc. You and I may not agree with his decision, but it's not like he wants to hurt the race. Yes, it's a promoter decision, but I'm sure that USAC had to go along with it.

Not attending the Hoosier 100 is not going to help anything. Let's say half of us regular attenders decide to stay home and race attendance ends up a 1/3 less than what it has been. Sure, "we've shown them... promoter and USAC how we feel." But then what happens, when the promoter feels he can't make any money on the race or maybe even break even and bails...then there's no race at all.

Some say, "well that would never happen."

Yeah, and I never thought we would have an Indy Car series that doesn't race at Milwaukee or Michigan either.
Last edited by miledirt; 5/21/10 at 11:24 AM.

2 members like this post: itsanonwingthing, Seadog
5/21/10, 12:07 PM   #30
AP64

Can anyone tell me what time they start hot laps? Just wondering when I need to leave work.

Thanks

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2010 Hoosier 100 decision?