IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New THAT promoters on Autosportradio Tuesday night
2/5/08, 8:44 PM   #11
Re: New THAT promoters on Autosportradio Tuesday night
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Said first and formost is restoring the track to the best it can be. Included is the track itself being recut and possibly new dirt but definately recut. Possible building a drainage system. New infield facilities.

Making every event the best it can be and family affordable. Probably streaming the races both locally by radio and on the net.

Chuck

2/5/08, 10:27 PM   #12
racefan20

The 6 events are 3 USAC(1 each division) WoO on July4th, MSCS, and a flat track motorcycle show the friday of the Moto GP at IMS. From everything I heard it all sounds very positive. Now its up to us to help get a$$es in the seats and help make it a success. Also for those of you that live too far away to attend, all races will be broadcast locally on the radio and streamed live on the internet.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2/5/08, 10:58 PM   #13
Flags anything

Not to rain on the parade, however several of the fairboard member have stated that the fairgrouds won't be soldTHIS YEAR[COLOR="red"]BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NEXT YEAR AND THE NEXT?????????[/COLOR]Will the 27 member board pull the rug out from underneath Mike, Brian & Davey after a year?????? I shure as H--- hope they don't. I know that these guys will bust their A--es to make it work and bring the Action Track back to the top whe it belongs.

2/5/08, 11:04 PM   #14
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
The 6 events are 3 USAC(1 each division) WoO on July4th, MSCS, and a flat track motorcycle show the friday of the Moto GP at IMS. From everything I heard it all sounds very positive. Now its up to us to help get a$$es in the seats and help make it a success. Also for those of you that live too far away to attend, all races will be broadcast locally on the radio and streamed live on the internet.
John,

I find the fact that a flat track motorcycle show will be run at THAT on Friday night of the Moto GP at IMS kind of strange. The AMA Flat Track Championship Series will run at the Indiana State Fairgrounds on the Saturday night prior to Indy and the AMA Hot Shoe Series is scheduled for that Friday night at Gas City. Is this some other series other than AMA?

2/5/08, 11:11 PM   #15
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Both AMA,HOT SHOE a step down.If the championship series is at T.H.A.T

2/5/08, 11:17 PM   #16
bandres21

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 46

i haven't seen the ama schedule yet but the hot shoe series is kind of a pro-am type of series where you have to have a pro-am license to compete,which is kind of a feeder series to grand naitional competition.im geussing that the terre haute race is a grand naitional

2/5/08, 11:32 PM   #17
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Not to sound stupid here, but you are saying that the AMA Grand National Series is running at Terre Haute on Friday night and the Indiana State Fairgrounds on Saturday night? I hope you are right.

2/5/08, 11:32 PM   #18
bandres21

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 46

if you like flat track these should all be good races.the fairgrounds has in the the past always produced some good racing.gas city to me looks like it should really be good for bikes and it is close enough to draw the ohio and michigan riders.also naitional riders can compete in hot shoe events because there pro-am.terre haute should be good as well.in my opinion 1/2 miles produce better racing than the miles.

2/6/08, 12:20 AM   #19
racefan20

You probably need to go back and listen to the archive to figure out exactly which series is running. I think I remember that it was some kind of Western series. He did say that 2 of the three proposals for the purchase of the fairgrounds land did not include the track(or the drag strip). I do however find it unrealistic that any type of commercial use of the rest of the fairgrounds land would look favorably at a sprint car race happening next door. Mike also said that the contract hasn't been signed yet but they have at in their possession and will have their lawyers look at it before signing it. After hearing all that and hearing his excitement talking with him about it I'm optimistic. My guess is that they have the support of some pretty powerful people in Terre Haute and will be given the opportunity to make it work.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2/6/08, 1:17 AM   #20
Sprint63122

Great to see Bubby doing the track work at Terre Haute and he gets this close to the surface he created at Perris Speedway boy are we in for a great year and p.s. you are gonna have to double the slate to at least 12 races next year and maybe 18 the next year I do not care what gas costs to get there from central IL. I am fully prepared to support any show but the outlaws that run at terre haute.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New THAT promoters on Autosportradio Tuesday night