IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Bid to "Buy The Action Track"
1/22/08, 8:34 PM   #1
New Bid to "Buy The Action Track"
Wolfe-e

The 6 oclock news out of Terre Haute has a New or 2nd Bid from Greg Gibson and Thompson Thrift to by the Terre Haute Fairgrounds. This New offer seems to involve building a New Fairgrounds to the West of its current location. "Which I think was talked about in the past". I believe they mentioned this being done for 09, with an "Option" that would include or "NOT" the building of a new track.
This new offer seems to come at a time when we are all hoping that we have a new Promoter for the Action Track. It has to be disconcerting for those trying to put things back togather.
Hopefully Mike King and Co. can get things signed and sealed soon. I think the only way to insure the future of the track is to get it back up and running. The longer it sits the harder it will be in all aspects. Also, the longer it sits the better chance someone will have to buy it out and it seems the more time goes by the more people get onboard with the idea of it selling being OK...... To me its a flat out shame that one of the most Historic Dirt Tracks in the Midwest can find so few friends and fans to Stick UP for Her!
Good Luck to MiKe King and Co.........

1/22/08, 9:21 PM   #2
Re: New Bid to "Buy The Action Track"
Danny Burton

More at trackforum.com

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101341

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

1/22/08, 9:59 PM   #3
dirtywhiteboy

Just when we thought things were finally going to get straightened out at THAT.

I hope it can be spared and racing can return there permanently.

1/22/08, 10:23 PM   #4
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

http://www.tribstar.com/local/local_...022122357.html

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1/23/08, 12:04 AM   #5
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

http://www.wthitv.com/global/story.asp?s=7758050

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1/23/08, 12:07 AM   #6
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

$9.2 million seems like peanuts for that land. Then again, I don't really have much to compare to since Connecticut and Indiana are apples and oranges as far as real estate.

1/23/08, 12:36 AM   #7
GOFOBROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoPA View Post
$9.2 million seems like peanuts for that land. Then again, I don't really have much to compare to since Connecticut and Indiana are apples and oranges as far as real estate.
The 9.2 million is a "cash incentive" so they can build new facilities. According to the article, the Fair Assoc. and Gibson would swap properties (Fair Grounds owns 111 acres and Gibson owns 72 acres). There is another big plus for the fairgrounds side according to the newscast, the addition of a equine show barn would bring in some national events......They are trying to butter it up as much as they can and maybe they can slip in the fact that they are killing a piece of historical property.......Hartman, a member of the board does say they are optomistic for what is going on at the Action Track.....New track would be great, but not the same.......

1/23/08, 12:39 AM   #8
Joey Woods

Thank you Dan.
Thank you Dan.

What is the population in Terre Haute?

Where is mayor Shaw during all this news?

IMHO I would say that keeping the two race tracks in lieu of the 3 mill would be in the best interest of commerce for Vigo County. Thats peanuts when you consider what is spent at the local convenience stores and fast food joints during a race season from race patrons alone. 6.2 mill, new, bigger, better facilities, sign me up.

1/23/08, 12:53 AM   #9
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Woods View Post
Thank you Dan.
Thank you Dan.

What is the population in Terre Haute?

Where is mayor Shaw during all this news?

IMHO I would say that keeping the two race tracks in lieu of the 3 mill would be in the best interest of commerce for Vigo County. Thats peanuts when you consider what is spent at the local convenience stores and fast food joints during a race season from race patrons alone. 6.2 mill, new, bigger, better facilities, sign me up.
Sign the petition, all who care about the Action Track:

http://gopetition.com/petitions/vigo...irgrounds.html

It's been a busy couple of weeks. I'll try soon to find out what I can.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1/23/08, 1:03 AM   #10
GOFOBROKE

Signed......

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Bid to "Buy The Action Track"