IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Howard
10/20/07, 11:34 PM   #1
RIP Howard
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Since were all family here I thought I would share with all the sorrow my family is dealing with this weekend.

A cherished member of our immediate family "Howard" http://www.pbase.com/ebplap/howard passed away Friday morning after a very short illness. :crying:

Friends I cannot express in words how much joy my hound brought to me on a daily basis. Never ever in six years was he not at the back door waiting for me to celebrate my arrival home with that wonderful tail wagging away and fetching his toy and chewing on it as a display of happiness. Or the countless times he was there to greet me at 3am after working a USAC event.

There will in time be another family hound. But there will never be another Howard. RIP my friend! :checkered:

10/20/07, 11:42 PM   #2
Re: RIP Howard
pletchfan

Awww, I feel your pain. We get so attached to our pets they are truly family members. I too have loved and lost very precious pets and in time there was another but nothing could ever really take the place of the one I lost. Nothing will ever take Howard's place either. The pain does lessen but you never forget them. You have my sympathy in your loss.

10/20/07, 11:44 PM   #3
Augie

Sorry to hear of Howards passing, 6 years is way to short! They don't call them mans best freind for nothing.

10/20/07, 11:50 PM   #4
Rhonda Q.

Wow, that is really hard. My condolences. I know exactly what you are going through...on Wednesday, I lost my beloved Rottweiler, Cash, to old age. It truly hurts. Just take comfort in knowing that Howard was well loved and you will always have the memories of your special times with him to cherish. I've said it before and I'll say it again: dogs are one of the most purest forms of unconditional love.

:crying:

10/21/07, 12:29 AM   #5
FOR4

As I sit here typing my big old puppy is looking waiting for the last bite of my double cheese burger. I know your dog had a very good life... and it is to bad that there life span in not as long as a human...sorry for your lose.

10/21/07, 12:39 AM   #6
RDS2

Eric
I know how your feeling. I've been in your shoes more then once. Swear that I wouldn't put myself in that position again. Yet I can't see my life without one or more dogs around me. I've never been able to replace one, I just make a little more room in my life for a new one.

"And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest....and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands." Last line from A Dog's Prayer

Ron

10/21/07, 9:05 AM   #7
bigq11

Eric,

Follow the link below. I think you will find it moving. If you Goggle for Rainbow Bridge, there several versions. I know Howard is playing while he waits for you.

www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

10/21/07, 11:52 AM   #8
Bubba Smith

Bubba knows your pain as I lost my beloved "Ozzie" a few weeks ago. I still mourn Ozzie's death everyday. He was my best friend. I even loved Ozzie more than my mother.

Ozzie's only fault was he liked chasing cars and that's wehat finally killed him. RIP Ozzie and Howard. :checkered:

10/21/07, 3:01 PM   #9
FishBurger

:crying: So sorry to read of your loss E.P. As all dog lovers are destined to do, I too have experienced the pain. And as much as I have come to love my most recent best friend, Brandy, I will never forget or stop missing Buster, Cleo, Beezer, Mousey, and Candy.

R.I.P. Howard. Look up any or all the above for a great friend(s).

10/21/07, 7:48 PM   #10
MLR3

:crying:

E.P. & Family,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know from some of our past conversations (yes, I really was listening) how special Howard was to you. And, as a fellow dog lover, I know how empty you feel right now. As Rhonda Q. posted, "Just take comfort in knowing that Howard was well loved and you will always have the memories of your special times with him to cherish."

Mark

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Howard