IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KOKOKOMO 10/24. What's your thoughts on the show last night?
10/25/20, 8:04 PM   #1
KOKOKOMO 10/24. What's your thoughts on the show last night?
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Kokomo Speedway
For those that where there last night at Kokomo for the WOO Sprint & Non-Wing Sprint show. What are your thoughts on the show

That was one of the better wing sprint car shows I' have seen in a while. The Non-Wing Sprint show was good as well.
44 Wing Sprints & 34 Non-Wing Sprints. I think that $10,000 bonus help with the car count regardless still a great show and the move by Sheldon Haudenschild to get by Donny Schatz for the win was pretty good as well. Also congrats to Tyler Courtney on his win in the Non-Wing feature.
Last edited by nathans1012; 10/25/20 at 8:11 PM.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, i love dirt track racing, rapid robert
10/25/20, 8:43 PM   #2
Re: KOKOKOMO 10/24. What's your thoughts on the show last ni
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

I think it was a pretty good show. I would argue there were just as many if not more people there then during a normal years Sprint Week. I was late getting to the track and had to park almost to the intersection of Davis and 300 N.

10/25/20, 9:29 PM   #3
Hoosiersprinter

1st time sitting on backstretch. Never noticed how different the track is back there with it being more like a "D". Thought it was a great show. Really had a big event feel to it. Love late season shows. Would love to see TK in the 14 full time. Great job kokomo and Bernie. Let's do it again!

4 members like this post: Big Mike 7, dwhitney1169, jonboat15, WinglessLovers
10/25/20, 10:21 PM   #4
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

We really enjoyed watching the show on Dirtvision. The coverage was great and we were happy they showed the non-wing portion as well. The WOO race was one of the best we’ve seen in a while with a lot of passing. The show was over at a reasonable time too (even though we had a short walk up the stairs). 😄

10/25/20, 11:51 PM   #5
treecitytornado

Fabulous Show!! Congratulations to, "Sunshine" on the Non-Wing Win & a solid 7th in the WoO 40 Lap A-Main!! He definitely had a legitimate shot at the $10 Grand!!

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
10/26/20, 12:51 AM   #6
fish

As a sprint car fan you have to love a show like that. The World of Outlaws on one of the 'baddest' bullrings and also showcasing Kokomo's non-wing guys.

10/26/20, 8:01 AM   #7
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Loved the show.Need more like that in Indiana.My only complaint albeit a small one was the PA system on the back strech.Very hard to hear or maybe I'm getting old.

10/26/20, 10:21 AM   #8
JarrettFarms73

I loved it! Of course good racing at Kokomo is not surprising no matter what division is on track.

How many cars did the wing save in turn two? I thought for sure a couple of them were going for the big ride!

SH17 is an absolute monster. I could watch that dude race shopping carts at my local grocery store.

Loved the honesty of Schatz saying he was not gonna go “up there”.

I really like Justin Grant but i feel super bad for Davey Ray. That was all on JG.

Anybody that straps in from a FWD to a 410 has my respect, but 410 drivers, especially non wing, will always hold a special place in my heart.

Lastly, this show was 100% worth every penny and I’d go back to a late October show in a heartbeat. Which IMHO, further show how great of a bargain USAC ISW shows are at $25 in July.

10/26/20, 11:09 AM   #9
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

My wife and I thought the show at Kokomo was very good, well organized and spun off in good order. One of our friends from PA said Kokomo is the type of track where it doesn't matter what you run on it they are going to put on a good show. It is a 1/4 mile bullring with good banking and multiple grooves which makes for awesome racing. Sheldon Haudenschild was very impressive all night long but question the dash incident where he finished off Scelzi after getting into him. Felt he could have backed out of it but that's just my opinion, not going to fry him for it. He ran a heck of a good feature race using both the high side and the low side when needed to polish off the field. Great run also by Tim Kaeding in Tony's car but the cushion in turn two bit him and ruined a fine drive. Also good runs by David Gravel, Aaron Reutzel, Logan Schuchart and James McFadden. With the track going away in the non-wing feature those guys still produced some good racing but Sunshine checked out. The rest of the field was the place to watch as battles throughout. Great battle at end between Shane Cottle and Justin Grant with Cottle edging him for second. Dave Darland made late charge to crack top five in fourth. A great night of racing on a cold evening with the program moved along nicely. Hope this will become a yearly stop for the WOO from this point forward. Great crowd and great action in both divisions!!!! Can't say enough about promotion of Bernie and the gang and the track prep from the O'Connors. Great job by all.

Bruce and Pat Eckel

10/26/20, 11:15 AM   #10
JarrettFarms73

I think you’re right that SH17 prolly could have missed Scelzi in two but i think it was a message sent for Scelzi pinching him a couple times coming off four.

1 member likes this post: WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KOKOKOMO 10/24. What's your thoughts on the show last night?