IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P. Charlie Sentman
10/23/07, 4:05 AM   #1
R.I.P. Charlie Sentman
shipjumper99

Charles W. Sentman, 65, of Waveland died on Sunday at Seton Specialty Hospital in Indianapolis.

He was born Sept. 13, 1942 in Covington to Charles E. Sentman and Florence Briner Sentman. He was a 1960 graduate of Turkey Run High School. He was a member of Waveland Masonic Lodge F&AM 300. He attended Hillsboro Nazarene Church.

He was an active auctioneer and appraiser for more than 40 years who was licensed and bonded in several states. He owned and operated a sawmill in Waveland and a pallet recycling facility in Hillsboro.

He was a great auctioneer and a good man, I saw him race a few times at VCS. He will be missed. RIP Charlie
Edit/Delete Message

10/23/07, 6:34 AM   #2
Re: R.I.P. Charlie Sentman
cecil98

Charlie was one of the top Late Model Drivers (#99) at Lawrenceburg back in the early 80's.

10/23/07, 8:09 AM   #3
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Sorry to hear about the "Racin Auctioneer".

I can remember watching him run at Brownstown, Haubstaudt and Bloomington among other places many times from 83'-86' when I used to travel and work on taxi cabs. He was always a gentleman and had a good story to share. :checkered:

10/23/07, 3:49 PM   #4
tonimcclane

I can remember my dad taking me to Charlie's Auctions when I was as old as my daughter.(5) Charlie, with his hat always on crooked would tease me and say yaba daba doo on the microphone to me and I thought that was the funniest thing!

Little did I know that in my future he would hold a special place in my heart! My family and I went to work for Charlie and traveled around the country with him. Rather it would be putting on auctions in the winter or racing 3 cars, 7 days a week during the summer.

I could go on and on about some crazy stories and memories that I could share but there is not enough time in the world. That man could drive a racecar and was the best auctioneer in the country. Luckey for my dad he has learned from the best.

Charlie will be missed deeply not only by me but by my whole family!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P. Charlie Sentman