IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ascs Sprints
10/22/07, 12:36 PM   #1
Ascs Sprints
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

just got back from Devils Bowl in Mesquite Texas on my vacation 180 cars in 5 classes..started at 8 on saturday done by midnight why cant anybody else do this....track prep was simply amazing...lanny edwards knows his chit.. it was the Winternationals ASCS sprint show.all classes hot laps.5 sprint heats.tin tops b mains 5 features...track wasnt real black took rubber...the racing was great i havent seen WOO or ALL STARS or any winged series race that hard and competitive after the races were over i walked by across the itrack and my shoe was still sticking to the track in spots....i was just shaking my head and saying wow why cant anybody back home do this except maybe TOMMY BOY AT TRI STATE..oh and them were 360s SPRINT them boys were flying.i will go back if i get a chance:thumb:

10/22/07, 3:39 PM   #2
Re: Ascs Sprints
MacTexas

Glad you enjoyed your time in Texas. ASCS is always a good show and Devils Bowl knows how to run a show. For those of you who have never been there, the back stretch is elevated. You run uphill in 1&2 and downhill in 3&4. Makes the backstretch real easy to see from the stands.

10/22/07, 3:57 PM   #3
Wallsracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTexas View Post
Glad you enjoyed your time in Texas. ASCS is always a good show and Devils Bowl knows how to run a show. For those of you who have never been there, the back stretch is elevated. You run uphill in 1&2 and downhill in 3&4. Makes the backstretch real easy to see from the stands.
hey thanks...i told everybody it looked like it the back stretch is elevated. You run uphill in 1&2 and downhill in 3&4. yeah i was all over the place looking at it....i wished i would have taken my radar gun they was flying.....

10/22/07, 5:43 PM   #4
Sprint63122

Lanny has a nice place down there have been there once myself and thought it was a great place and the racing was excellant to.Just one question how did you like the on-off ramps there on the freeways in Texas that makes it real interesting driving.If I remember correctly the night I was there Frankie Kerr put the Mcbride/Schoff 23 into the trees that used to be on the back stretch they had to pick him out of the tree.

10/22/07, 8:04 PM   #5
MacTexas

I was there the night the 23 was in the tree. Seems like it was 12 or 13 years ago. The trees are no longer there. The pits are now located where the trees were. Seems like the entry ramps on the freeway are the same as those in Indiana? The difference is the access road located next to the freeway. I do not remember those in Indiana.

10/22/07, 8:12 PM   #6
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
just got back from Devils Bowl in Mesquite Texas on my vacation 180 cars in 5 classes..started at 8 on saturday done by midnight why cant anybody else do this....track prep was simply amazing...lanny edwards knows his chit.. it was the Winternationals ASCS sprint show.all classes hot laps.5 sprint heats.tin tops b mains 5 features...track wasnt real black took rubber...the racing was great i havent seen WOO or ALL STARS or any winged series race that hard and competitive after the races were over i walked by across the itrack and my shoe was still sticking to the track in spots....i was just shaking my head and saying wow why cant anybody back home do this except maybe TOMMY BOY AT TRI STATE..oh and them were 360s SPRINT them boys were flying.i will go back if i get a chance:thumb:
Lloyd, maybe you should pack up your Bomber chit and move down there? :rolling::rolling:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/22/07, 9:15 PM   #7
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

:foxcostanbrough:is the cat fishing ponds still there across from track?
i was there for a outlaw and champ car race in 83-84 .there was so many cars they were pitting off the end of turns 1and 2. there was a big wreck going into turn one and a sprinter went off the end airborne.
lands sideways and hits a champ car they are working on guy in sprint car was knocked out and the guy working on the champ car had to do some fancy moving.

10/22/07, 10:56 PM   #8
Brandon Anderson Photos

if anybody would like to see photos from this event check out my web site

www.baphotos.myphotoalbum.com

10/22/07, 11:02 PM   #9
Flatrightrear

Have been to the Devil's Bowl a number of times myself. Love the place!

10/23/07, 7:21 AM   #10
Wallsracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Lanny has a nice place down there have been there once myself and thought it was a great place and the racing was excellant to.Just one question how did you like the on-off ramps there on the freeways in Texas that makes it real interesting driving.If I remember correctly the night I was there Frankie Kerr put the Mcbride/Schoff 23 into the trees that used to be on the back stretch they had to pick him out of the tree.
yeah just loved lawson road leading back to the....20 mph was max ....holes,ripples,washboard effect.....bout like our race tracks back here

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ascs Sprints