IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Budweiser Oval Nationals Entry List!
10/19/07, 12:48 PM   #11
Re: Budweiser Oval Nationals Entry List!
RichC

Dickie ran that car last year and I'm thinking that maybe he thought once was enough. The car still had a wing front axle in it and in general looked rather evil to drive.

10/19/07, 1:44 PM   #12
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
Old sour **** Sam getting in a non winger. Wasn't the last time he was in a real sprintcar at Hales Corner, WS back in the 90's? If I remember right he dumped it hard in hot laps, collected his appearance $ and went home.
Along with his starts at Eldora in 04, he also ran wingless in the Vielhauer Beaver Tool #12x at The Big M Motorfest in Memphis, the Ulitmate Challenge at Oksy and pulled off the win at that special wingless event on Wed. night of the K'Ville Nats. Hoping Sammy will try to back 'er in Rip Williams style at the PAS.

10/19/07, 1:58 PM   #13
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

I think that brad kuhn will also be there

10/19/07, 4:12 PM   #14
stephen

Quote:
Old sour **** Sam getting in a non winger. Wasn't the last time he was in a real sprintcar at Hales Corner, WS back in the 90's? If I remember right he dumped it hard in hot laps, collected his appearance $ and went home.
Sammy might be a sourpuss, but he can still flat drive a sprint car, with wings or without wings, he is more than capable of winning.

10/19/07, 7:56 PM   #15
petey

Also I thought I read over at brand-x some time ago that TK and the McMillen team were going to enter this race?

10/19/07, 9:26 PM   #16
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Sammy might be a sourpuss, but he can still flat drive a sprint car, with wings or without wings, he is more than capable of winning.

I never questioned Sammy's ability behind the wheel or with a wrench, as he's truly one of the best ever. However he always looked & acted so out of place when he stood in victory lane with the microphone in front of him. Hey, I guess not everyone can win, then get out and be as polished on the microphone as Lealand McSpadden was. McSpadden, winner on the track, class act off, something Sammy never seemed to be. Not trying to blast Sammy, just my observation. I guess he is who he is.

10/20/07, 9:49 AM   #17
stephen

Quote:
I never questioned Sammy's ability behind the wheel or with a wrench, as he's truly one of the best ever. However he always looked & acted so out of place when he stood in victory lane with the microphone in front of him. Hey, I guess not everyone can win, then get out and be as polished on the microphone as Lealand McSpadden was. McSpadden, winner on the track, class act off, something Sammy never seemed to be. Not trying to blast Sammy, just my observation. I guess he is who he is.
Yea, no doubt, Sam is a piece of work. What a lot of people don't understand about Sammy is that he is really a very shy person, almost to a fault, and he comes across as standoffish or aloof.

10/22/07, 3:29 PM   #18
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Darland in Jeff Walker's car and no entry for the Pace team. Thats interesting.
NO DAVE SAY IT AINT SO! :kookoo2:

SOME ROADS SHOULD BE TRAVELED ONLY ONCE!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Budweiser Oval Nationals Entry List!