Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jerry Spencer
8/18/08, 8:56 PM   #21
Re: Jerry Spencer
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCormick View Post
It's selfish for a handful of people to take up an entire thread, meant specifically for race results, for useless chatter. Ever notice how big the threads are at the beginning of the night and at the end? There's a hell of a difference. Most of the people just get tired of clicking through 8 pages between heat 1 and heat two. I actually appreciate how Fred Zirzow does it. And he didn't even have to be rude or insult me to do it.

Use chat rooms, use PMs, make all the threads you want but you're driving people away from this board because of your precious clique mentality.
Aww, Need a pacifier? How about if we just don't post updates? Fred and others usually do a good job keeping it on one post that all you have to do is refresh. If you don't like meeting other people, I feel sorry for ya. Most of these people chitting are awesome in person and some might surprise you. They do it because they want too, not becuase they have too.

Chuck

8/18/08, 9:04 PM   #22

u know for someone to sit around a computer all night typing in updates, THEY CAN CHAT ALL THEY WANT! Thank you for keeping us updated. Its nice to have some friendly chatter to make the evening go by. not all of us have fancy cell phone that we can use to update right at the track. We do the next best thing send a text message to a friend or a spouse to post on line. I really appriciated the people that helped my wife out 2 weeks ago!

8/18/08, 9:25 PM   #23
Sweaty Dirt

Mr. McCormick, You've made your bed, now it's time to sleep in it.

On another note, how does Mr. Spencer get away with saying he doesn't care if Ron Dennis gets hurt in a sprint car, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone else? If one of us "newbies" would have wrote that there would be a witch hunt to get them thrown off this board.
I've recently read a thread that pointed out a "bonehead" move a driver made after a race had been completed. Although there was no disagreement in the facts, but the person posting was told that they didn't have the right to make such a claim because they only had made four previous posts. So I guess my question is, is how long do we have to be members for the right to make a assesment or have an opinion?

8/18/08, 10:21 PM   #24
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweaty Dirt View Post
Mr. McCormick, You've made your bed, now it's time to sleep in it.

On another note, how does Mr. Spencer get away with saying he doesn't care if Ron Dennis gets hurt in a sprint car, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone else? If one of us "newbies" would have wrote that there would be a witch hunt to get them thrown off this board.
I've recently read a thread that pointed out a "bonehead" move a driver made after a race had been completed. Although there was no disagreement in the facts, but the person posting was told that they didn't have the right to make such a claim because they only had made four previous posts. So I guess my question is, is how long do we have to be members for the right to make a assesment or have an opinion?
Sweaty Dirt,

I would guess that you can make an assessment or have an opinion anytime. Just remember some people judge the credibility of that assessment or opinion by the number of posts you have made.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/19/08, 11:50 AM   #25
91racers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead View Post
OK so I have a question. 4 posts in and you are personally insulting someone. Why? Do you not know that Jerry is well respected within this community? All coming on here bashing him is going to do is end up ruining credibility. You might want to think before you post. It's something I have had to learn the hard way on here.
Mr. Gilbert, 4 post or 400 post.... what was said was wrong. Ron Dennis is a friend and I don't care about Mr. Spencer being an upstanding member in the community. It has no relevants to what was said. Right is right and in this case Jerry Spencer was wrong. Ron Dennis is a good man and he would go out of his way to do anything for almost anyone..... I felt complled to post. Do I apologize.... HELL NO:moon:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jerry Spencer