IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 71P/Dave Darland Team at Risk!
7/22/13, 5:06 PM   #11
Re: 71P/Dave Darland Team at Risk!
mortboyz

Sounds like your neighbor may be one who pizzes and moans about the crooked bleachers at Gas City.....good luck.

7/22/13, 5:20 PM   #12
cmiracingvids

Yea, I agree. Move!! Neighbors like that won't stop until you're gone...

Posted via Mobile Device

7/22/13, 5:25 PM   #13
captrat

I would also politely point out to the mayor's office the economic impact of racing on Indy. I believe there have been campaigns by the city's economic development people to attract more racing oriented businesses. This seems a contradiction, and should be a way to compromise.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, K9Racer, KENDALLRACING, Midget 89, Tony74
7/22/13, 5:30 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Well considering the Race car isn't a titled automobile. Any ordinance about maintaining recreational equipment? That or just fire it up at 4am a couple times......

1 member likes this post: scottyCbus
7/22/13, 5:45 PM   #15
robert gatten

When you sing the National Anthem, one line says "land of the free". well lately the wording should be. "land that once was free" and the home of the brave!!! It still fits with the music. Try building a play house in your back yard and see how fast the inspectors come out to see your" blue prints and permit".

1 member likes this post: The Old Coyote
7/22/13, 5:59 PM   #16
Checker'd Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
Sounds like your neighbor may be one who pizzes and moans about the crooked bleachers at Gas City.....good luck.
Great post, Morty!

7/22/13, 6:14 PM   #17
streetglider

Moving may not be plausible for Steve & Carla, have you seen the housing market lately? Can you imagine trying to fund a team out of their own pockets AND taking a hit on the house just to appease some snooty neighbor? Keep up the fight Steve !!!!

4 members like this post: jim goerge, KENDALLRACING, luckybuc97, scottyCbus
7/22/13, 6:20 PM   #18
racephoto1

No bitc#in from me, action only. Call Rollie Helmling , he runs the states Motorsports Division, of the Economic Development Commission.This is the one person to talk to.His numbers are:317-232 8800 or 317- 232- 8894.

I hope this helps. Why deal with local politicians, make it a state issue.

7/22/13, 6:48 PM   #19
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

I would call Rollie also. He will at least point you in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
No bitc#in from me, action only. Call Rollie Helmling , he runs the states Motorsports Division, of the Economic Development Commission.This is the one person to talk to.His numbers are:317-232 8800 or 317- 232- 8894.

I hope this helps. Why deal with local politicians, make it a state issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: jim goerge, koolaid89
7/22/13, 8:20 PM   #20
Jerry Spencer

We fire the car twice a year on the street out front, Josh goes door to door and lets the neighbors know when we are doing it and if it is going to cause problems what day works for them. The car does not see the street again unless we have a problem then Josh starts all over again with the neighbors, no problem what so ever. We park the trailer in the side yard on a gravel pad again no problem what so ever as a matter of fact they had offered to go to bat for us in the event the city says something.

Jerry
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 7/22/13 at 8:27 PM.

6 members like this post: backstretchdave, jim goerge, speed bump, team3521, Tim Watson
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 71P/Dave Darland Team at Risk!