IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS MAVERICK WINGED SPRINTS & Bombers 10/6
10/7/23, 9:52 AM   #31
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
All the hype, no results ?
Pretty easy to see all the results last night on MyRacePass, right on your phone. No hype needed.

4 members like this post: Blitzman, PIT CART, TBONE, tirespinner
10/7/23, 11:04 AM   #32
Static

Neither Maverick Series or LPS posted anything so far. Seems like they should of attempted to post!

10/7/23, 11:44 AM   #33
Re: LPS MAVERICK WINGED SPRINTS & Bombers 10/6
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Pretty easy to see all the results last night on MyRacePass, right on your phone. No hype needed.
Got it, thanks. Just saying lots of promo before the race and nothing after

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing
10/7/23, 11:45 AM   #34
bullringko

Late night last night…everyone probably sleeping in today.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier
10/7/23, 11:50 AM   #35
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

All in all some good racing,stellar car count,glad it was only two classes,had it had been the usual 5 classes it would've been 2:00am.
Saw several peeps leave after 1st B,several more after that.Both promotional entities I'm sure were happy with the night.🏁
Off to the Burg.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 10/7/23 at 11:54 AM.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing
10/7/23, 12:49 PM   #36
cowboyhar69

How was the fan count?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

10/7/23, 2:52 PM   #37
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
All in all some good racing,stellar car count,glad it was only two classes,had it had been the usual 5 classes it would've been 2:00am.
Saw several peeps leave after 1st B,several more after that.Both promotional entities I'm sure were happy with the night.🏁
Off to the Burg.
You make great points on racing, car counts and two classes. But how can any promotional group or track be happy with people leaving before the feature was over? Especially the inaugural race. If I was a track owner I'd be upset and trying to do better, especially on a cold, windy night. I was HOME from Brownstown Speedway before the feature was concluded at Lincoln Park. Same type program....two divisions.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/7/23, 3:48 PM   #38
JJMooney

I’d estimate the crowd at 4-500. I knew running this show on Friday might be tough, but understood the logic not wanting to run against Lawrenceburg’s USAC show Saturday. Temps dropped and the wind picked up late afternoon. That didn’t help either.

Some of the good storylines from last night…

Danny Smith making his first Putnamville start since 2001. He just missed making the A in his heat race, finishing fourth. Started pole of the second B and got the last transfer spot by finishing second by inches over 19 year old Trey McGranahan. Danny started 22nd. Finished 11th. I believe Danny and Logan Seavey passed the most cars during the feature.

I haven’t seen Marion, Illinois’ Carson Short run much the last couple years. He made the dash and looked to be the one of the fastest cars in the field in the feature. I didn’t see what how it happened but he flipped on the front stretch with 8 laps to go. I did see him wheelie off the curb in turn four a number of times prior to that.

No one was more shocked than me seeing 49 cars signed at race time. I’ll be honest, in the days leading up to the event, I had a hard time picturing 20 cars (and I thought most would be local 305’s).

Drivers from Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Ohio, Texas, Florida, Michigan, Arizona, Alaska, and Canada made this one of the most “geographically diverse” field of drivers I’ve seen at Putnamville in years outside of Sprint Week.

Surprises included Chis Windom, Bill Balog, Scotty Theil (in the Seeling 97 out of Ohio), Cole Duncan (in the Dutcher 17), Skylar Gee, Trey Jacobs, Travis Philo, Ayrton Gennetten, Jason Blonde. I could on…

An Indiana driver, Cale Thomas, won the $6,000 A-main. I read where it his first win ever in his home state and his largest payday in his career.

Great job by the USAC regulars, especially Seavey and Brady Bacon. Both were the night’s quick qualifiers in their respective time trial groups. Seavey looked especially fast in one of the Newton 16’s. All I could think was, “That kid’s driving it like he stole it”.

It was fun watching T-Mez move to the front. I thought he might make things interesting at the end. He wound up sixth.

And hats off to the weekly Indiana non-wing drivers making a rare winged start. And some, like Brandon Mattox, were racing with a wing for the very first time.

It will be interesting what next year will bring with this series. Yes the show ran late. The main took the checkers at 11:52 pm. They do need to figure out a way to move up engine heat and speed up hot laps and qualifying. That was the portion of the show that seemed to drag for me.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, fish, mtek56
10/7/23, 3:51 PM   #39
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
You make great points on racing, car counts and two classes. But how can any promotional group or track be happy with people leaving before the feature was over? Especially the inaugural race. If I was a track owner I'd be upset and trying to do better, especially on a cold, windy night. I was HOME from Brownstown Speedway before the feature was concluded at Lincoln Park. Same type program....two divisions.
They already had their money…. But I understand what you’re saying. What time were the heats over & what time were people leaving? Tracks should strive to run an efficient show. I wasn’t there but wanted to be but I’ve got to imagine they were surprised by the car count which could’ve played a part in a longer show…..?
Having said that I’ve left early many times. My limit is usually around 11 unless the feature is going to run very soon.
I’ll also say if yours is the only negative comment about the event on this board my guess is it was a pretty good show

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, bighd0522
10/7/23, 4:26 PM   #40
Re: LPS MAVERICK WINGED SPRINTS & Bombers 10/6
DaleDuBois

The people that left early never left because of a bad show. They left because of the cold. Some people just never dressed for the cold as all of the hot weather we have had lately who would have thought it was going to get so cold. What I did see was some good racing as I also left early because of the cold, and I dressed for the cold and knew it was going to get cold.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, motorhead748
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS MAVERICK WINGED SPRINTS & Bombers 10/6