IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #21 3/23/23 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by boomer:
Would you believe me if I said I was gonna be the new promoter? Probably not. Just a observation

If you were Bill Rose, Yes........

Charles Nungester
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #22 3/23/23 11:48 PM
If they don't offer free tram rides to and from the infield I'm not going. They expect me to carry my now legal cooler that far?

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, racenut69
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #23 3/24/23 12:53 AM
They just ran a story on WTHI-TV announcing a new promoter, coolers being allowed in the infield and free parking. It featured Bill, with a few comments about looking forward, the history of the track and the improvements the previous promoters made. Brandon Mattox's car was also prominent in the story, along with a group of people, who were there to celebrate the announcement.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, cowboyhar69, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jonboat15, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
JJMooney (Offline)
  #24 3/24/23 4:22 AM
https://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/...n-terre-haute/
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Hustlin-Hoosier, jonboat15, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #25 3/24/23 9:32 AM
Coolers = beer? That elephant in the room has not been addressed.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #26 3/24/23 9:38 AM
🍺🍺🍺👍🏼
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #27 3/24/23 9:39 AM
I have my fingers crossed
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #28 3/24/23 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Trying not to hijack the thread but I don’t know how exactly to take the Pitdad’s post. Are paying customers not allowed to criticize what they spend their money on? Are there not things worthy of criticism? Long Live THAT!
The problem is, with social media a lot of the complainers are not paying customers. I have only not gone to a track one time, and that was because they didn't allow reentry. Didn't bash them, I just left. They had 4 support classes, that I didn't want to sit through. Really it was my fault, I knew about the classes to begin with. I should have never went.
Bob Clauson told me the promoter at Jacksonville told him something. If you have a complaint, come tell me personally. If you have a compliment do it on social media. I have tried to do that. Just because I don't like something, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way. In the end it is their business to run as they see fit.Simple comments about maybe it being a late night are understandable, but we have all seen the dead horse beat to death over something very small.
I Wish the new team luck at Terre Haute.
21 Likes: cowboyhar69, Danny Burton, Dirtfan, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, kcarm92, luckybuc97, mc/rider, miledirt, mlamb, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, Pitdad, racenut69, Rcar, ROSS, tirespinner, TNRustler, wildman92
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #29 3/24/23 11:09 AM
Correct me if I’m wrong…. Kokomo, Lawrenceburg, Putnamville and Eldora has the no carry in beer rule, anyone care to add any other tracks? I like and drink beer also but if no carry in beer is allowed then so be it. Not gonna stop me from going to a race anywhere.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
13 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, Dirtfan, erich45, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, oppweld, racenut69, tamati, tirespinner, TNRustler
jdull99 (Offline)
  #30 3/24/23 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
Correct me if I’m wrong…. Kokomo, Lawrenceburg, Putnamville and Eldora has the no carry in beer rule, anyone care to add any other tracks? I like and drink beer also but if no carry in beer is allowed then so be it. Not gonna stop me from going to a race anywhere.
The only place I know of and even would think about it is the Indy 500. Everywhere else I fully expect to pay for all concessions (until later in the shows, then you hope they go cheaper on food before they throw it out).

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, tirespinner, TNRustler