IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ekohl23 (Offline)
  #11 6/29/11 9:46 AM
What does this mean for Kevin Thomas Jr.? He was running the white Walker car early this year.
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #12 6/29/11 10:14 AM
You can’t blame Cottle for wanting to race more (I’ll be glad to see him race more too, big fan). Walker’s cars are some of the best out there so if you are going to switch, that would be a good way to go. I’m sure the 10E has a certain budget to work with so traveling/number of races has to be kept at a certain level. I hope they find a good shoe to take the seat. That’s one of the more quality “local” rides out there. I hope they parted on good terms.

I also liked reading DD would be going out west with them. Can’t argue with his success in that car, especially this year.
MWestfallfan54 (Offline)
  #13 6/29/11 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by RR>LR=LTO:
Scotty Wier is my guess. Or Larson? Or ....the next Jeff Gordon/Tony Stwart.
Posted using Mobile Device
I would say Scotty Weir also...
sprinter25 (Offline)
  #14 6/29/11 11:24 AM
While it may be good for Shane now, how long will Jeff Walker keep him around? Unlike Monte Edison, Jeff Walker goes through drivers like some folks go through beer...quickly.

I'm not wishing any bad thing on Jeff/Shane and the team, I'm just saying that if Shane's looking for stability, he may not find it with Jeff and Co. I guess that we'll see.....
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, koolaid89, Mud Packer, MWestfallfan54, Need For Speed
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #15 6/29/11 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by j_vennard54:
That's a tough pill to swallow still yet, they were one of those teams that were just a perfect fit.

Sorry to hear for sure, but on the same note if they need a shoe there is a guy down in Southern Indiana who'd be interested in jumping on board..

I second the motion. I'd love to see JV get a chance in the car.
4 Likes: babcock14d, cmakin, Dgentry51, jim goerge
mrmoose (Offline)
  #16 6/29/11 12:45 PM
the 10 car should look at a kid named ryan bernal
petey (Offline)
  #17 6/29/11 1:45 PM
This will be a good combination. Best of luck Shane!

I hadn't seen Weir's name that much in any results this year, I guess he was still driving the #22 Kronic car?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #18 6/29/11 4:11 PM
I'd like to see them bring back AJ Anderson

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: bandres21, Pine, PJ Wright, scooter99, SPRINTCAR
MWestfallfan54 (Offline)
  #19 6/29/11 4:24 PM
Originally Posted by petey:
I hadn't seen Weir's name that much in any results this year, I guess he was still driving the #22 Kronic car?
He will be in the #22 friday at GC.
Russ (Offline)
  #20 6/29/11 5:08 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
I'd like to see them bring back AJ Anderson
I'd like to see Josh Spencer get a shot in the 10 car. A local boy in a local ride.
4 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Jerry Spencer, wright59