IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sportsdrome Open Practice 3/23 & 3/24
3/20/12, 10:33 AM   #1
Sportsdrome Open Practice 3/23 & 3/24

Just a heads up to those that live in Southern, IN. The Sportsdrome is holding an open practice session this weekend from 1pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. This track was paved 1 year ago. Pretty nice facility. I know last weekend there were several different classes practicing CRA Late model, xtreme cars, xtreme figure 8, street stocks, thunder cars, legends, and hornets. Frank Kimmel is known to bring his ARCA car out to do some testing to. I know he was down there last weekend helping a few local guys out. Not sure if he will bring the team back this weekend. I know last year he had them down there on 2 different occasions. Also for those of you who have never seen the track, it is free for spectators to get in. Nice place, would love to see some open wheel racing down there in the future.

1 member likes this post: DAD
3/20/12, 1:43 PM   #2
Re: Sportsdrome Open Practice 3/23 & 3/24
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post

Just a heads up to those that live in Southern, IN. The Sportsdrome is holding an open practice session this weekend from 1pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. This track was paved 1 year ago. Pretty nice facility. I know last weekend there were several different classes practicing CRA Late model, xtreme cars, xtreme figure 8, street stocks, thunder cars, legends, and hornets. Frank Kimmel is known to bring his ARCA car out to do some testing to. I know he was down there last weekend helping a few local guys out. Not sure if he will bring the team back this weekend. I know last year he had them down there on 2 different occasions. Also for those of you who have never seen the track, it is free for spectators to get in. Nice place, would love to see some open wheel racing down there in the future.
I tried to get some dates there several years ago. Mike was afraid we would fly out of the track and into the crowd and kill a few spectators. Besides if it dont have an intersection and short beer lines fan's arent interested in watching racing down here. You could have USAC midgets and sprints together and not get over 100 people in the stands.

(Kind of like entering a time warp back to about 50 years ago)

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/20/12 at 5:28 PM.

3/23/12, 9:41 AM   #3
Re: Sportsdrome Open Practice 3/23 & 3/24

just a reminder to anyone looking for some asphault track time this weekend.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sportsdrome Open Practice 3/23 & 3/24