IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Friday Shackleford passes
2/23/14, 3:46 AM   #21
Re: Friday Shackleford passes
OZ11

Sorry to hear the news about Friday. I remember the yellow 41 well, and remember how friendly Friday was to talk to and be around. He, like all of us that competed in the 80's, was a piece of the puzzle that made the best TQ club around and the competition level was at its highest. Im glad i got to know Friday and was able to race with him at a time of my life that I will cheerish forever. Gas it up in heaven buddy !
JAY OSBORN

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/28/21, 4:02 AM   #22
Mal Parsons

Hi i realise its been a few years since Friday passed but i came across some photo's of his & Gary Howards cars taken when they toured to New Zealand a few moons ago. I noticed someone earlier in the thread remembering his yellow 41 car which is the car he brought down here to Western Springs. The pair were very popular here & i was including the photos in our vintage speedway club newsletter.
Attached Images
003.JPG (1.37 MB, 71 views)

3 members like this post: jjones752, luckybuc97, tirespinner
1/28/21, 10:18 AM   #23
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal Parsons View Post
Hi i realise its been a few years since Friday passed but i came across some photo's of his & Gary Howards cars taken when they toured to New Zealand a few moons ago. I noticed someone earlier in the thread remembering his yellow 41 car which is the car he brought down here to Western Springs. The pair were very popular here & i was including the photos in our vintage speedway club newsletter.
Ain't everyday you run into someone like Friday and Betty, they sure turned on the lights when they showed up, but back then we had a lot of Ca drivers both in TQ's and Karts come to Indiana to race, and back then, it was for fun, we also had people from out of this country come and spend the summer with us, if you weren't here then, you've totally missed it.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, tirespinner
1/29/21, 3:51 AM   #24
CA71

Quote:
Thank you for sharing Mal!

I'm Betty & Friday's great grandson, Cody Nigh. Betty & Friday often brought their granddaughters with them on their summer trips back to Indiana, where my mom, Cindy (Friday's youngest granddaughter), met my Dad, Mike Nigh @ Rush County Fairgrounds. Our family has been racing ever since.

Our family had the awesome, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit New Zealand & Western Springs last winter, just like Friday & Betty got to in the early 80's. It was a "Non-racing" vacation, that took us to 4 separate race nights. Felt like we were walking in their footsteps, travelling all over that beautiful country.

Seeing pictures like these reminds me how intertwined the racing family is, and though I wasn't around for it, how awesome the 80's TQ scene was, as well.

1/29/21, 2:13 PM   #25
Poppie06

Starting running TQ's in the 80's. Being from Ky. we usually camped and Friday and his Wife would camp. My Dad and Friday got to be friends, so we kinda spent alot of time with them at the track. He was a very good person, and it was great to have him in our lives , if only a few months a year so long ago. God Has received an Angel to watch over us in the Hectic world we call home. Rest in Peace Friday , from your friends across the river. Love Tim

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, tirespinner, treecitytornado
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Friday Shackleford passes