IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cmakin (Offline)
  #1 1/14/14 8:20 AM
At 16th and Georgetown?

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
Joker0801 (Offline)
  #2 1/14/14 11:56 AM
Care to elaborate? Otherwise my first answer is going to be Marlboro or Camels.
cmakin (Offline)
  #3 1/14/14 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Joker0801:
Care to elaborate? Otherwise my first answer is going to be Marlboro or Camels.
Moving Pole Day qualifying to Sunday. . . or has this already been addressed.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 1/14/14 4:58 PM
I called (317)492-8500 to complain. They weren't aware of the change yet in the ticket office.

Ron Miller
cmakin (Offline)
  #5 1/14/14 5:05 PM
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...unday/4463571/

davidm (Offline)
  #6 1/14/14 5:15 PM
If thay want to add drama to qualifying do what ever it takes to get more than 33 or 34 cars entered for the race.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirt330, Pat O'Connor Fan, speed bump, team3521
team3521 (Offline)
  #7 1/14/14 6:19 PM
Never ceases to amaze me how stupid the management of the Speedway is...
Hey, I got an idea, lets change what works! yeah, yeah, that's a great idea!
2 Likes: Gregg, Pat O'Connor Fan
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #8 1/14/14 6:59 PM
Well, first of all they put the Indy Car Grand Prix road coarse race on the second Saturday of the month. If I read the article correctly this morning, they have now bumped the qualifying to a single weekend which they are going to qualify on Saturday and do the fast nine on Sunday?(I think) If that is what they are planning, I wonder exactly how they will proceed if they get rain that weekend and have a wash out?

Apparently this is the idea from Mark Miles the CEO of Hulman & Co which owns IMS. It would be interesting to see if they have even consulted with any drivers or team owners to get their imput into all of this.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, dirt330, Pat O'Connor Fan, team3521
dirt330 (Offline)
  #9 1/14/14 8:20 PM
I don't care what they are smoking. Just thankful my health is good so I can attend what ever they do. Just remember its still the greatest race and track in the world. Because of the 500 we have many many other open wheel races in Indiana during the month of May.
8 Likes: Copperhead, EPSpeed, i love dirt track racing, Lewis1585, midgetmaniac, ronmil, Task Force, wright59
richie (Offline)
  #10 1/14/14 8:36 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Well, first of all they put the Indy Car Grand Prix road coarse race on the second Saturday of the month. If I read the article correctly this morning, they have now bumped the qualifying to a single weekend which they are going to qualify on Saturday and do the fast nine on Sunday?(I think) If that is what they are planning, I wonder exactly how they will proceed if they get rain that weekend and have a wash out?

Apparently this is the idea from Mark Miles the CEO of Hulman & Co which owns IMS. It would be interesting to see if they have even consulted with any drivers or team owners to get their input into all of this.
Indy 500 Qualifying has been just a single weekend since 2010. I have always wondered what they would have done if rain had wiped out the entire weekend in the past. Apparently, they would just move it to the next nice day until they got it all done. I know it's strange to most fans that the pole winner is determined on Sunday instead of Saturday now, but I think this new format makes more sense than the last system of locking 22 in and filling in the final 11 spots on Sunday.

Of course, I'd love to see 50 cars qualifying for 33 spots and a true Bump Day once again. That would involve a lot of changes to open up the rules, cheaper equipment, etc. I hope we can get back to that point again, but I don't know when that's going to happen, unfortunately.
2 Likes: DaveP63, Gregg