IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 4/22/23 2:39 PM
I hope this doesn’t get anyone mad, but I have a question for you all. Which do you prefer, single file restarts or double file and why? I despise double file restarts as a nascar gimmick that is unnecessary in dirt short track racing.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, Hubie48, motorhead748, oppweld, Speedmax3, spicoli, Stevensville Mike, streetglider, wallbanger II
captrat (Offline)
  #2 4/22/23 3:52 PM
Definitely prefer single file restarts. Double just another gimmick and patently unfair to competitors.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, flagboy55, oppweld, skids59, tirespinner, wallbanger II
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #3 4/22/23 4:05 PM
I prefer single file restarts. I don't think you will see it go back in wing racing.
4 Likes: erich45, flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner
erich45 (Offline)
  #4 4/22/23 4:07 PM
Hate double file restarts!
2 Likes: flagboy55, tirespinner
Eatin Dirt (Offline)
  #5 4/22/23 4:11 PM
Single file, less chance of an instant yellow.
2 Likes: flagboy55, TNRustler
cornerthree (Offline)
  #6 4/22/23 4:14 PM
I don't mind single file but get rid of the DAM CONE. Once the green is out you should be able to pass. If you can on the first lap why not on a restart.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Eatin Dirt, OnTheHammer, oppweld, Speedsme61x, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 4/22/23 4:14 PM
Single File. Way to many multi car pile ups with the double file...

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: flagboy55, oppweld
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #8 4/22/23 5:58 PM
Single file with a cone. Don't move lapped cars out of the way.

Don't make it complicated. Make it a race.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
10 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, BrentTFunk, Daisy's dad, flagboy55, oppweld, racenut69, skids59, spicoli, tirespinner, TNRustler
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #9 4/22/23 6:29 PM
I prefer the new High Limit Series choose cone over just the leader getting to choose.

Single file on a quarter mile with leader taking green off turn four and back of field idling off turn two does nothing for me.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
7 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, cornerthree, Dale, dkdorkboy, MBoersma, sjracer26
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #10 4/22/23 6:42 PM
Single file restarts are the best. This allows the leader not to get jumped and causes less cautions in the long run. I also like the lap cars to stay in between as the leader earned that cushion by passing them. But I can live with moving them to the rear.

Bruce Eckel
8 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, BrentTFunk, Daisy's dad, erich45, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, racenut69, tirespinner