IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most successful dirt track?
2/12/08, 1:17 PM   #21
Re: Most successful dirt track?
duel

Eldora and Knoxville seem to have it all. As of the last 6 or so years I would pick the dirt at Knoxville over the dust they can't seem to control at Eldora (maybe they don't want to.) Perris, Gas City and Manzanita. I think all in all that Eldora is the most successful.:nonwingfan::checkered:

2/12/08, 5:35 PM   #22
BrentTFunk

If by sucess I assume you mean $. I would bet Eldora, Knoxville,and Williams Grove make more money than all the other dirt tracks combined.

2/12/08, 7:55 PM   #23
throb

do you think that with the payout for those tracks and only running a couple different classes of cars that they are making more money than keith ford at paragon? 60 or so sprint cars every week, 30-40 bombers every week, 20-30 street stocks every week at $25/person, and some of those stock car guys bring 5 or 6 people for every car........and for a regular weekly deal he is packing them in the grandstands and even more for the special events (KISS, fireworks, stock car specials, and sprint car specials)! i know everyone likes to bang on paragon, but i believe very strongly that keith has a niche that will never be duplicated, and he is laughing all the way to the bank! i think that his format shows great entrepreneurship............

2/12/08, 8:00 PM   #24
Wolfe-e

The one that, given a choice, you go to on race night. HOpefully, they are making a buck... In these parts, I;d say Eldora has to be in a class by itself. Terre Haute and The Hawkeye for the big tracks... Tri State has a lot of history but no more than Bloomington... Jiggs and those guys have got a lot to be Proud of over the last few years.... Kamp is starting to be a ShowPlace with Great Racing every night.... As for a Great Track, Paragon has got that old fashion, run what ya brung feel that you have to love.... Brownstown seems to get most of the LateModel votes that the Big E dozent......As for Loyalty.....Thats easy, Has to be anyone who goes to Putnamville... I have seen some of the very best racing there is at LPS... YOu have to love racing to go to Put in any capacity but the Fact is, they may cuss and B--ch and even fight now and again. But week in and out, they come back and support the place, because they love it and to those fans and drivers, its there track, no matter who owns the place.... Hell they've been abused by more than one owner.... There Family, with good nights and bad........ya don;t like the racing at LPS, don;t go.... Hell most nights anybody can find something to B.....about......but the Racers and the Fans.....There up front, down home, take us as we are folks. Folks that will Race you hard on the track, fight at the drop of a hat and then pick ya up and buy you a beer, loan you parts and help you put your car back togather, so they can do it all over again next week.... Awh Hell, whats not to Love about that....at Put theirs no doubt,,,,,,,,they will always...........wanna race..........Wolfe-e

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most successful dirt track?