IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most successful dirt track?
2/12/08, 5:04 AM   #11
Re: Most successful dirt track?
cecil98

Absolutely Eldora.

2/12/08, 7:27 AM   #12
psullivan

Knoxville is struggling with very poor attendance at their weekly shows. This has has been the case for the last several years to the point that the Des Moines register reported (incorrectly though) a year or two ago that they would drop the weekly program.

2/12/08, 7:46 AM   #13
illiNOISE

I might define "success" a little differently. To me, success isn't necessarily defined in terms of profit margain. If a track pays for itself, the racing is good, and the racers and fans are having fun, then that's success. JMO

2/12/08, 8:40 AM   #14
badgerfan

Based on illiNoise standards and adding longevity you would have to consider Angell Park

2/12/08, 9:00 AM   #15
Mike Hunt

Putnamville! :checkered:

2/12/08, 9:07 AM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

A successful dirt track to me is one that never has a low car count. Stands are always full or near it and actually makes money. Whats that track out east that runs on thursdays?

Probably the most successful IN dirt track to me would be brownstown and I cant understand why. The track itself is nothing special at least it wasn't last time I went, (Hard Slick huggy pole) But its the place to race if you wanna be a LM driver.

Chuck

2/12/08, 9:18 AM   #17
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Overall it has to be Eldora. If you like dirt racing, they pretty much bring it all there. With or without fenders.

Paragon ranks up there to me. They don't pay much, but the car count is huge. Obviously they are doing something right so the pay must not be a huge issue.

2/12/08, 9:19 AM   #18
interpreter66

Any Track Not In Florida!!!!!!!!!!

2/12/08, 10:12 AM   #19
ClaytonYeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by throb View Post
what dirt track would you consider to be the most succussful? taking car counts, fan attendance, promotion, special events so on and so on into consideration.........
Tri-State Speedway, I believe the fan attendance is on the rise, and I dont know anyone who works harder in indiana than Tommy.:checkered:

2/12/08, 12:22 PM   #20
#1SPRINTVET

Tri-State Speedway, Haubstadt, Indiana is at the top of the list on all counts. One of the nations best or the best. The Helfrichs have worked hard to promote races and make a exciting facility to race on. It seems alot of the sprint car fans still have their heads buried in the sand when they do not recognize they quality of racing at Tri-State.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most successful dirt track?