IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > THAT Web Page
2/11/08, 3:40 PM   #1
THAT Web Page
Dyno Don

Now that we have new promoters for THAT, when are they going to update their web page?

I would like to see the schedule posted. I have a short memory and I might need a little recall help.

2/11/08, 4:11 PM   #2
Re: THAT Web Page
Pushtruck

According to the article in the Terre Haute Tribune on Sunday, February 10th, the new group (Mike King, Brian Dorsett & Davey Hamilton) who plans to be promoting races at THAT has turned over the contract to their attorney for review. The Fair Board has a meeting scheduled for Tuesday evening, February 12th at the fairgrounds. It was my impression they expected to have a signed contract submitted by that time.

That is the same closed meeting the fair board is suppose to discuss the current proposal to sell all or part of the fairgrounds. One proposal includes selling all of the property and two other proposals includes selling the property except for the race tracks.

It seems strange to me that the fair board would put together a three year contract package for promoting the Action Track if they plan to sell it. I will take that as a good sign we will see more racing at the Action Track.

Once the contract has been signed, submitted and acceptied, I expect Mike King and group will have a news conference along with press releases. Until that happens, I would not expect any changes on the web site.

2/11/08, 7:54 PM   #3
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
Now that we have new promoters for THAT, when are they going to update their web page?

I would like to see the schedule posted. I have a short memory and I might need a little recall help.
Who owns the website? The Fairboard, the Track or the old promoter?

2/11/08, 8:08 PM   #4
Wolfe-e

I talked with Mike today. He hopes to have the schedule and a news release before the end of the month.... Firetamers built last years site for Terre Haute. I would guess that it can just be updated if they wish to or they may have something else in mind..... Mike did say that they are working on a deal with the Radio to telecast the shows live. This is a FM station along with ESPN...

2/11/08, 9:48 PM   #5
affordableawards

Can anyone tell me how an get in contact with Mike king

2/11/08, 9:49 PM   #6
affordableawards

Can anyone tell me how I can get in contact with Mike King

2/12/08, 12:16 PM   #7
GOFOBROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordableawards View Post
Can anyone tell me how I can get in contact with Mike King

Got this off of WTHI TV's website.......

trackside@wthitv.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > THAT Web Page