IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off TOPIC. Bloomquist & 4 others suing BIG E for off scales.
8/29/16, 8:41 AM   #11
Re: Off TOPIC. Bloomquist & 4 others suing BIG E for off sca
Dabeef53x

Every racer that has to weigh knows they have to check what their car weighs on the track scales and adjust accordingly. Track weight is final. Never seen a racer win the argument, " Yeah but at the shop it weighed legit!" But man, that would still hurt to lose $100K at the scales knowing that it was preventable.

1 member likes this post: Backitin
8/29/16, 8:51 AM   #12
Backitin

A prime example of why I say the best racing days are gone for good.

2 members like this post: LRP36, racer-x
8/29/16, 1:22 PM   #13
chathamracefan

Really hope this gets settled out of court & doesn't see the light of the judicial process. I think the ramifications of a court proceeding could be costly & detrimental to the future of racing. Maybe part of a settlement could be cleaning up some of the processes involved in scaling cars & the tire cheating. As I mentioned earlier, I think the tires will be going the way of buying them at the track & no alterations allowed going forward (at least at the big $ shows).

A protracted court case will cost lots of $ & the ramifications would potentially be bad for all parties involved except the lawyers. We'd either go back to "outlaw no rules" type of racing or something that is so legally parsed that it would be silly. Either option could drive the cost to participate out of the reach of even more than it is already out of reach for.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
8/29/16, 2:14 PM   #14
btg1963

Just a comment or two....

1.) Bloomquist doesn't need any help ruining his reputation... He does a fine job all by himself.

2.) I don't believe Eldora has a dog in the fight. UMP Sanction, UMP disqualification.

3.) I guess these drivers and owners figure if Kevin Ward's family can sue for their son being high on drugs and jumping on another driver's racecar, they can sue for getting caught cheating.

4.) They aren't suing to win, they are suing to get to race in September at the World 100.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/29/16, 3:03 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Your car is weighed before the event on their scale, Top five are weighed after every race. Most hotlap, qualify and heat race on only a few gallons of fuel. No reason your car shouldn't be legal after the feature with only a few gallons left unless you lost a major part on your car or something during the race.

Tire rules? They're given before the event, Specific tire. Specific hardness. If you got the correct tire. it should never durometer softer than it's spec.

IM with Kyle on this one. You sue me and knowing you've been caught cheating before. YOU'D NEVER RACE AGAIN ON MY TRACK.

3 members like this post: btg1963, CCI, PIT CART
8/30/16, 1:27 AM   #16
dirtracer74

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
Just a comment or two....

1.) Bloomquist doesn't need any help ruining his reputation... He does a fine job all by himself.

2.) I don't believe Eldora has a dog in the fight. UMP Sanction, UMP disqualification.

3.) I guess these drivers and owners figure if Kevin Ward's family can sue for their son being high on drugs and jumping on another driver's racecar, they can sue for getting caught cheating.

4.) They aren't suing to win, they are suing to get to race in September at the World 100.
Not suing to win? There is 16 million on the line! No way this will ever see a courtroom before the World 100.

Eldora should not have a dog in this fight, but they sure better. Eldora, plus Tony as an individual are being sued. There are 4 different parties named in the suit. They are going after anyone that they think they might be able to get money from.

1 member likes this post: fish
8/30/16, 2:39 AM   #17
flagboy55

Got to give credit to bloomer, I have seen him race his arse off, but darn, he's his own worst enemy half the time. At this point I wish he would just go away

2 members like this post: davidm, smith19
8/30/16, 12:41 PM   #18
btg1963

Haven't you ever heard of a "stay"? They filed the lawsuit in an effort to get the judge to issue a stay regarding their suspensions. Their suspensions extend to the Sunday after the World 100. Since all of their appeals are exhausted, this is their only shot at racing next week.

That's not to say the lawsuit won't go forward, but once the judge is shown the damage Bloomquist has done to his own reputation over the years, his portion should go away. Bloomquist should be forced to pay the fans that he has let down over his career.
Last edited by btg1963; 8/30/16 at 12:43 PM.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, smith19
8/30/16, 4:05 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Scales a Month later were off by as much as BLAH BLah, Dude, Your scaled before the races that night too and most hotlap and qualify on the littlest fuel needed. If your under at the end of 100 laps, "NO MATTER WHAT THE SCALES SPEC" You either lost a part, Or you cheated.

Wow, lose possibly couple hundred thousand, Sue for tens of milions. SEEMS LEGIT.

This dude pulled in a track I know and demanded the promoter give him 3k just to put it on the track for the 10k winners share. I lost all respect then and the promoter did the right, maybe unpopular thing and told him to load up and leave.

I don't know about the others. A certain tire should come in legal for its hardness no matter how many heat cycles. (Unless it was treated)

If I were Tony, I'd cut the purse by 80k to win. They'll still show up. It's still the World and the Dream and the money saved would pay the lawsuit (If they win)

1 member likes this post: btg1963
8/30/16, 7:44 PM   #20
Sprintcarfanatic

Must have not been a mud hole for him to drive through. Seen him do it a time or 2.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off TOPIC. Bloomquist & 4 others suing BIG E for off scales.