IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off TOPIC. Bloomquist & 4 others suing BIG E for off scales.
8/28/16, 4:06 PM   #1
Off TOPIC. Bloomquist & 4 others suing BIG E for off scales.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

OFF TOPIC. Your thoughts on how this could turn out.
Link to lawsuit - http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/0...ifications.htm

How could this effect dirt racing in general?
Last edited by nathans1012; 8/28/16 at 5:24 PM.

8/28/16, 6:03 PM   #2
chathamracefan

I'm a big late model fan as well as sprints and midgets. Don't think getting the courts involved is ever a good thing. I'm thinking the bug $ races will soon be a buy your tires at the track scenario. World 100 is using those rules this year and the Lucas series recently did something similar for the north south 100.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/28/16, 6:27 PM   #3
Re: Off TOPIC. Bloomquist & 4 others suing BIG E for off sca
BLASTER1

The title of this thread is incorrect.....Bloomquist is the only driver suing for scales being inaccurate.

Bloomquist and fellow driver-plaintiffs Jimmy Owens, Gregg Satterlee, Brandon Sheppard, and Ricky Thornton Jr. are suing because results of tires that where tested after a another race.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
8/28/16, 6:49 PM   #4
kinser

So why didn't Bloomers sue any of the other 6 or 8 times he was caught with illegal tires ??

3 members like this post: Backitin, Bostonian, Can26
8/28/16, 7:29 PM   #5
BLASTER1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
So why didn't Bloomers sue any of the other 6 or 8 times he was caught with illegal tires ??
My guess would be the lab reports were not FLAWED as in this case....or there was NO lab testing in the prior!

8/28/16, 7:48 PM   #6
kylezero

Man if I was getting sued over this I would just ban them all from ever stepping foot on my race tracks property for good, you got caught cheating get over it.

8/28/16, 8:03 PM   #7
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylezero View Post
Man if I was getting sued over this I would just ban them all from ever stepping foot on my race tracks property for good, you got caught cheating get over it.
Lawsuit isn't about the tires #TireGate from this years dream. Just about what the car weighed after the 2015 DIRT Late Model DREAM 100. Even the Ohio Department of Weights and Measures ruled the tracks scales where off. I see this getting very slimy and could open a big mess between tracks and drivers.

8/28/16, 8:20 PM   #8
BLASTER1

Last edited by BLASTER1; 8/28/16 at 8:24 PM.

8/28/16, 8:20 PM   #9
BLASTER1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Lawsuit isn't about the tires #TireGate from this years dream. Just about what the car weighed after the 2015 DIRT Late Model DREAM 100. Even the Ohio Department of Weights and Measures ruled the tracks scales where off. I see this getting very slimy and could open a big mess between tracks and drivers.
you may want to read the report more closely.....it about the tires also!

"The other drivers assert similar claims regarding their disqualifications.
All told, the 13-count complaint seeks $16 and a half million in damages from the defendants."
Last edited by BLASTER1; 8/28/16 at 8:25 PM.

8/29/16, 6:55 AM   #10
chop

In the past the court system has ruled that baseball and football are games. So most times they do not even hear the case.(Most times) What ever a tracks scales said you car weight is, that is your car weight. Does not matter what your scales in your shop said the weight was at home.

2 members like this post: CCI, Tony74
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off TOPIC. Bloomquist & 4 others suing BIG E for off scales.