IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Vernon
8/29/16, 3:24 PM   #51
Re: North Vernon
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
Cause the world thrives on it these days.
Some folks just don't like North Vernon, they don't need a reason, just cause they can, I've raced there, and lots of other places in my time, I could find fault with any of them, but I went, I raced, and got treated just like everyone else, most of the time, I never did say I wouldn't be back, even tho the thought crossed my mind, but I may be a little more understanding then the one who launched this tirade on NV, he has never had a good thing to say about much of anything really, just loves to do as much damage as possible, wonder what he'll say if a lot of tracks start shutting down, or only run a few select shows in a season, yes, I've spent long nights there myself, as I have at other venues, but to put on such an act, when it was evident to almost everyone else, they tried their best, to make mother nature take back what she dealt them, ease up, man, things don't always go your way, or anyone's for them matter, tag that one a no foul, and go on, stay like you are, and you'll just get sorrier and worse, it ain't worth it! Bob

5 members like this post: bigq11, MikeJ1961, racer-x, SPRINTCAR, SprintManDave
8/29/16, 4:08 PM   #52
Buster51

I think it was just a bad deal with weather and track had water 10ft off bottom in turn 3. With 2 tracks not running sprints 1 cancels I would say 8 to 10 sprints would have been at Paragon,alot of the stocks and hornets were there too. Made it a long night Sprint Feature didn't start till 1:50 am. The racing was decent, I just couldn't figure out sprint b main. Ran 5 or 6 laps yellow for a spin all cars leave the track disqualify the 7 for spinning the 22, put my brother David Hair in transfer spot and doesn't give Brandon Spencer his spot back. None of us got it. All in all we had the chance to stay home or leave early if we not happy with the situation and we didn't. Steve Hair

2 members like this post: spicoli, tirespinner
8/29/16, 4:49 PM   #53
pushinthecushin

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Some folks just don't like North Vernon, they don't need a reason, just cause they can, I've raced there, and lots of other places in my time, I could find fault with any of them, but I went, I raced, and got treated just like everyone else, most of the time, I never did say I wouldn't be back, even tho the thought crossed my mind, but I may be a little more understanding then the one who launched this tirade on NV, he has never had a good thing to say about much of anything really, just loves to do as much damage as possible, wonder what he'll say if a lot of tracks start shutting down, or only run a few select shows in a season, yes, I've spent long nights there myself, as I have at other venues, but to put on such an act, when it was evident to almost everyone else, they tried their best, to make mother nature take back what she dealt them, ease up, man, things don't always go your way, or anyone's for them matter, tag that one a no foul, and go on, stay like you are, and you'll just get sorrier and worse, it ain't worth it! Bob

I remember last year when we were going to do updates there, nobody really had anything good to say about the track, now, everyone is defending it. Just find that ironic. Personally, we love watching sprints at Twin Cities because the racing has been really good. We couldnt stay Saturday because we had plans Sunday morning. Anybody heard anything on Bill James after his accident in his heat?

There are some good races coming up this weekend.

8/29/16, 5:07 PM   #54
mcveyracing

I am the driver of the 7 car, first off I want to say that Saturday was my first night in a sprint car. The contact with Brandon Spencer was not at all intentional and very light but it did cause him to spin. Brandon and I spoke about it afterwards and shook hands.
I don't really understand anything else about the B beyond that. I was also confused when I went to the shack for the B main payout to see a note next to my name that said "DQ do not pay".
I have been racing for 20 years, with a ton of laps at TC in mods and never had that happen before. I can understand getting put to the tail, but not even getting tow money was a surprise.

Tony McVey

8/29/16, 5:27 PM   #55
PushEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushinthecushin View Post
I remember last year when we were going to do updates there, nobody really had anything good to say about the track, now, everyone is defending it. Just find that ironic. Personally, we love watching sprints at Twin Cities because the racing has been really good. We couldnt stay Saturday because we had plans Sunday morning. Anybody heard anything on Bill James after his accident in his heat?

There are some good races coming up this weekend.
I was on scene and helped Bill out of his car. He was dazed and could tell he was sore. He only said he had some lower back pain but otherwise was ok. Afterwards I learned he had been cleared by the ambulance but I'm sure he will be feeling it for a while.

That track is a great track for Sprints and I want to see them to continue to improve. Everyone has there own opinion positive or negative and that is their right. My hat is off to them for holding the race with as much rain as they got. Not many would do that. Best of luck to them in the future.

1 member likes this post: pushinthecushin
8/29/16, 5:42 PM   #56
pushinthecushin

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcveyracing View Post
I am the driver of the 7 car, first off I want to say that Saturday was my first night in a sprint car. The contact with Brandon Spencer was not at all intentional and very light but it did cause him to spin. Brandon and I spoke about it afterwards and shook hands.
I don't really understand anything else about the B beyond that. I was also confused when I went to the shack for the B main payout to see a note next to my name that said "DQ do not pay".
I have been racing for 20 years, with a ton of laps at TC in mods and never had that happen before. I can understand getting put to the tail, but not even getting tow money was a surprise.

Tony McVey
Are you planning on racing sprints more in the future Tony?

8/29/16, 5:49 PM   #57
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushinthecushin View Post
Are you planning on racing sprints more in the future Tony?
Moffatt broke the car in and ran well with it at LBurg on at least two races while he was waiting on his motor for the 5j.

Tony's been running the Burg for years in the Blue 7 modified and has been one of the cleanest drivers I've seen. He also had to fives against Schrader, Kramer etc at the Hoosier Hundred. Yeah, Im hoping to see him at the Burg Sat. for the Dick Gaines Memorial!

I was at a race last sat that a driver got in a bit too hard, tapped the nerf of another and spun him. It was about a five car incident. There was no DQ.

1 member likes this post: pushinthecushin
8/29/16, 8:59 PM   #58
mcveyracing

Thank you for the kind words Charles. I am planning to race the sprint from here on. Our next race will be Saturday at the 'burg.

8/29/16, 11:04 PM   #59
trannyman

Sometimes mother nature wins.It's not a bad thing to admit that .What about the grace and common courtesy to the fans(especially the young ones)that pay their hard earned money to see an evening of racing?Or the above mentioned neighbors who put up with that til 4am?It's better to throw in the towel and disappoint because of canceling than disappoint because of bad product.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, PJ Wright, tirespinner
8/30/16, 2:30 PM   #60
LEADERS EDGE

Every situation is different. I personally feel that if a race is scheduled and there is no curfew.... Get it in. People know the deal when they buy a ticket.

If they call the race because it "may" rain.... Then people complain. If they cancel the event because of weather after everyone has paid....people throw a fit.

The best course of action to me in that situation would be to complete the show and protect my wallet instead. At least that will allow me to have more shows. I'm sure the financial losses on rain outs are greater than most of us realize. If the teams left at 430 that means the owners left at 6 to seven. They are as affected as the teams and fans.
Last edited by LEADERS EDGE; 8/30/16 at 10:00 PM.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Vernon