IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Vernon
8/28/16, 10:55 AM   #41
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTQ17 View Post
I understand it was late and a long day. They received a large shower around noon which soaked the track. There was NO way they could have touched it before then. My proof of that was when the push truck came to the front stretch to get a stalled car he left 6" deep tire tracks. If im not mistaken Abel does the track work down there and did a FANTASTIC job with what they had to work with tonight. 2 grooves for the sprint B main and A main. The top five cars put on a hell of a show for those who stuck it out, i didnt see many breaks and thought they kept the show rolling real fast. I dont think anyone could have planned for that amount of cars in a single night. Hats off to N Vernon doing what they did otherwise we all would have had nothing do but ***** on a message board oh wait we still did that!! How about extending a little GRACE and common courtesy for the guys who worked there butts off and have their $ on the line. I hope the promoters had a great eve and were profitable so we get to do it again.
How many times you been down there this year ? I think I have been down there e 3 or 4 times this year once had to leave because it was so dusty you couldn't see the late models on track last time I was there was for boss series which got rained out and lastnight I could use my rainout ticket was last night i already had tickets to Lucas oil at the burg so went there twin cities Ned to get a owner and promoter who actually wants to run a racetrack not someone who wants to make a buck selling it

1 member likes this post: Hotrod
8/28/16, 12:58 PM   #42
MKTQ17

Im not saying it was perfect. I was there for the BOSS show also. They pulled 40 sprint cars that night. My point was there are so many factors that go into making a good surface. All im saying is extend a little GRACE. Im sure the track guy didnt get up that morning and say "im going to make a dustbowl this eve". Something could have broke which meant they couldnt put water down. A promoters job it to make a buck.. Its there job. We are lucky here in indiana to have so many choices and such great promoters that put forth so much effort so we can go race and fans have a place to watch it. Its still racing, its still a great sport so enjoy it with a buddy or your family. Meet some drivers and crew and see what it takes from all aspects. It is a tremendous amout of work and sacrifice on everyones part to put on a show!

8/28/16, 2:26 PM   #43
Re: North Vernon
racer5c

How did David Hair do?

8/28/16, 2:33 PM   #44
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer5c View Post
How did David Hair do?
Made the show after a weird DQ in the B. Brandon Spencer got spun by a guy so the DQ him didn't give Brandon the spot and gave me the transfer. Lack of side bite couldn't get through the corner. Had plenty of forward bite, did a wheel stand on the back stretch came down and broke a shock mount. Ended up 17th.

1 member likes this post: racer5c
8/28/16, 4:34 PM   #45
Jared_Mossoney

Results?

1 member likes this post: Abrams 32A
8/28/16, 8:15 PM   #46
grantman

Do you think the owners car if you come back.

8/28/16, 9:14 PM   #47
Buster51

Probly not. They dont care eventually no one else cares. That the bad thing.

1 member likes this post: ossuks
8/29/16, 3:20 AM   #48
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantman View Post
Do you think the owners car if you come back.
Apparently after Saturday night they don't care if anyone comes back

1 member likes this post: pushinthecushin
8/29/16, 2:31 PM   #49
LEADERS EDGE

I haven't been to NV for a long while. Not because I think it's bad or anything.....just circumstances.

Why do some think it's such a bad deal? Nothing a promoter. can do about weather and rain outs. Every track misses sometimes and gets dusty. Not being there.....but it appeared as if they got the show in that they scheduled. Sure it was late....but mother nature is rough sometimes.

Why the bad mojo?
Last edited by LEADERS EDGE; 8/29/16 at 9:31 PM.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
8/29/16, 2:53 PM   #50
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Why the bad mojo?
Cause the world thrives on it these days.

1 member likes this post: K9Racer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Vernon