IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #41 5/23/19 6:41 PM
At least we got the experience of waiting 25 minutes in line to buy tickets to add to our Hoosier 100 memories.
ronmil (Offline)
  #42 5/23/19 7:06 PM
Originally Posted by racer-x:
I’m sitting in the grandstand closest to turn 4.. Can anyone tell me if turn4 is we’re the famous picture of the spectator in the infield giving the driver the bird and the driver giving it back??
That was Gary Bettenhausen, but I am not sure that was here and I thought it was his mechanic; but I could be wrong because I remember one time in the late sixties that I was. 😁

Ron Miller
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #43 5/23/19 7:43 PM
Originally Posted by racer-x:
I’m sitting in the grandstand closest to turn 4.. Can anyone tell me if turn4 is we’re the famous picture of the spectator in the infield giving the driver the bird and the driver giving it back??

Yes, it is a good pic!
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Hammer, superstock30, TQ29m, treecitytornado
Ford Racing (Offline)
  #44 5/23/19 7:58 PM
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #45 5/23/19 9:58 PM
I’m in education so the timing of this race has never worked out for me. One of my racing regrets will be that I’ve never seen a race at the Indiana fairgrounds mile.
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #46 5/23/19 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter:
I’m in education so the timing of this race has never worked out for me. One of my racing regrets will be that I’ve never seen a race at the Indiana fairgrounds mile.
Our last day of school last year was the day after this race. I went after several years of saying I wanted to. It is only about an hour away for me though. Glad I went.
Speedwrench (Offline)
  #47 5/23/19 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
That was Gary Bettenhausen, but I am not sure that was here and I thought it was his mechanic; but I could be wrong because I remember one time in the late sixties that I was. 😁
This photo has been posted several times on another board and it was determined that the driver is Ralph Ligouri and the other guy is Wally Meskowski.

The photo was taken in the early to mid sixties in turn two. There were no horse barns behind turns three or four at that time.
Hammer (Offline)
  #48 5/23/19 10:41 PM
Wow Jason Mc Dougle on the outside moving up nicely to 5th
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Jbaldwin, oppweld
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #49 5/23/19 11:04 PM
What’s red at 8 laps to go for?
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #50 5/23/19 11:19 PM
Chris Dyson flipped. Ended up walking away.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: ISF, Longtime sprinter