IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jonr (Offline)
  #1 5/30/18 1:15 PM
Sitting in my motel room trying to decide if I want to chance the "R" word at Gas City, or make a mad dash to Fairbury. Even though they have the "R" word in their forecast.

Going to Gas City was one of the main draws of me coming to the first part of midget week, so I want to make the show. However, it is not looking promising. Trying to get any more information to make a decision. If the track has a hard curfew, then the odds go way down of them getting the show in

Thanks

Jon R
brsteg (Offline)
  #2 5/30/18 2:09 PM
Can't answer your question but if I were in your shoes I think I'd be headed to Fairbury. Forecast is improving slightly and gas City is slightly worse. Think higher chance of racing is in Il.

Makes me a little sad for Gas City.
4 Likes: chase1989, fish, mc/rider, tirespinner
brsteg (Offline)
  #3 5/30/18 3:45 PM
Go back to the hotel now... :/
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #4 5/30/18 3:48 PM
R out....I assume Monday will not happen based on the weak crowd last year for ISW rainout...but how about Tuesday??.......then drivers could head west to Illinois for the week??
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #5 5/30/18 4:30 PM
Usac sprints go east for the Eastern storm right after midget week.
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #6 5/30/18 4:39 PM
Originally Posted by cwfan08:
Usac sprints go east for the Eastern storm right after midget week.
Eastern Storm doesn't start until June 14th...Sprint cars in Nebraska and Iowa June 8th and 9th

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
2 Likes: cwfan08, Simon_says17
RedRacer07 (Offline)
  #7 5/30/18 4:57 PM
Originally Posted by brsteg:
Can't answer your question but if I were in your shoes I think I'd be headed to Fairbury. Forecast is improving slightly and gas City is slightly worse. Think higher chance of racing is in Il.

Makes me a little sad for Gas City.

"R" wins tonight