IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #1 12/11/13 2:24 PM
While reading this, I noticed that Kyle Larson recently got behind the wheel of a Ganassi Daytona Prototype at DIS as they were doing shakedowns. The article hints he may be tapped for the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona next month.

http://www.racer.com/busy-day-for-im...rticle/325046/
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, team3521
team3521 (Offline)
  #2 12/11/13 3:02 PM
That kid is one of the most incredible talents of this generation.
I'm very happy that he's getting the opportunities that he needs to show his unbelievable skills.
I'll be looking forward to seeing him in the 24 hours of Daytona.
2 Likes: billwill7, BrentTFunk
Nate (Offline)
  #3 12/11/13 5:46 PM
I just hope they dont rush him like we have seen happen to so many excellent wheelmen.
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #4 12/11/13 8:18 PM
Originally Posted by team3521:
That kid is one of the most incredible talents of this generation.
I'm very happy that he's getting the opportunities that he needs to show his unbelievable skills.
I'll be looking forward to seeing him in the 24 hours of Daytona.
Is he old enough to stay up after 11PM?
ossuks (Offline)
  #5 12/12/13 11:47 AM
JMO-I don't think you can rush talent...some just have it....this seems to be one of those situations, and if it does not work out I doubt he will make excuses!!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, team3521
Spi-nex (Offline)
  #6 12/13/13 5:51 AM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
JMO-I don't think you can rush talent...some just have it....this seems to be one of those situations, and if it does not work out I doubt he will make excuses!!
And if it doesn't work out he will just be kicking serious tail in the Sprints for the next 50 years!
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #7 1/8/14 11:26 AM
Looks like it is official. Larson will be in the Rolex 24:

www.jayski.com

McMurray & Larson to run in Rolex 24:

Seven-time and reigning GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series Champions and five-time and reigning Rolex 24 At Daytona Winners Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) announced its season-long program for the new IMSA-sanctioned TUDOR United SportsCar Championship (USCC) in 2014, including their driver line-up for the 52nd Rolex 24 At Daytona. Long-time partners Telcel and TELMEX return as the primary sponsors of the #01 Ford EcoBoost Riley in the Prototype category for the USCC season-long effort piloted by Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas in their eighth year together, after finishing the GRAND-AM era as most-successful driving duo in Rolex Sports Car Series history.

In addition, CGRFS will again field two Prototypes for the Rolex 24 At Daytona, featuring eight drivers that represent some of the best talent the motor racing world has to offer. Pruett and Rojas will unite with CGRFS NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) teammate Jamie McMurray and reigning Indy Lights Champion Sage Karam to form the lineup in the #01 Telcel/Target/Comfort Revolution Ford EcoBoost Riley, while the Team Target trio of drivers Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan and Kyle Larson join sports car star Marino Franchitti in the #02 Target/Telcel/Big Machine Records Ford EcoBoost Riley. CGRFS previously announced it would utilize Fords 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost racing engine for the 2014 USCC season.

(EGR)(1-4-2014)
3 Likes: billwill7, davidm, team3521
davidm (Offline)
  #8 1/8/14 12:52 PM
Would be pretty cool if Kyle got a Rolex for his wrist!
billwill7 (Offline)
  #9 1/8/14 8:39 PM
Give the watch to his Dad !
2 Likes: racephoto1, team3521
team3521 (Offline)
  #10 1/8/14 10:36 PM
He's got the rest of his career to get plenty of Rolex's. It would be really cool if he gave it to his dad as a "super thank you for taking me racing" gift. Kind of a "I made it" statement.