IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
revjimk (Offline)
  #1 7/2/22 12:29 AM
revjimk (Offline)
  #2 7/2/22 12:31 AM
"If the promoters cannot get enough water on those tracks, the more tires we will burn up and as you know we cannot afford doing that"
They grow a lot of our food in California, & usually have to irrigate....
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #3 7/2/22 12:42 AM
Yes California is hurting for water. Just got back from parents house in SW Colorado. Mentioned to them how low the Grand Mesa and Ridgeway Reservoir were. They told me that Colorado had agreed to let more water out and lower lakes, so California could have it.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
dustbowl (Offline)
  #4 7/2/22 2:14 AM
Pretty much every dirt track in the USA needs watered and prep. Kokomos two runs at it this year have been very good, Gas City has at least tried and actually over did it, every place else has been like the Sahara desert with no end in sight.
Bostonian (Offline)
  #5 7/2/22 9:59 AM
I live 2 miles from the ocean in MA. We have a few small rivers that overrun the banks every spring. Some years they get blown out if we got a lot of snow. For decades my town and those around us have requested permission to build reservoirs to store all this water that otherwise flows out to sea. Every year by Memorial Day, these rivers become too low and water-use bans are put in place. Not as bad as the west coast, but still very restrictive. The reason we have this issue is that the DEP refuses to grant permission to divert the water for later use. So much for saving natural resources.
2 Likes: PIT CART, skids59