IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers
3/20/22, 12:02 PM   #51
RR>LR=LTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
Are the tires in question bought off the truck in FL? If not, I would question the validity of the tire. Cure time is a critical component to successful tire prepping and the off season is a great time for tires to cure after being prepped. Lets not kid ourselves, there are the undetectable preps out there, but even those will show up against a compound sample because molecular compound has changed. You wont smell it and the tire wont feel softer due to the curing process. If they really want to test tires....check the spring rate in the sidewall. That will tell you everything. If the tire has been rolled with internal, which is likely the case, the sidewall construction will be softened and the spring rate will not be as stiff and will provide for more side bite. Makes a big difference.
Purchased between 12/15/21 and 1/20/22

When arguing with a woman: You must first throw out logic and common sense.
Benjamin Franklin :headbang

1 member likes this post: dstensland
3/20/22, 1:13 PM   #52
Haulinmail

We bought tires in Florida for all 5 races at both tracks from 2 different tire vendors. We were tested and came up negative for any solvent or doping solutions. It's the easiest way to do it. (Buy at the track)! We all know people dope tires and we no it won't stop. Just some of us choose not to. I don't see the big surprise about this. If you cured a tire and you know your going to be checked and your running 3rd you better fall back a few spots. I don't get it.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
3/21/22, 11:20 AM   #53
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haulinmail View Post
We bought tires in Florida for all 5 races at both tracks from 2 different tire vendors. We were tested and came up negative for any solvent or doping solutions. It's the easiest way to do it. (Buy at the track)! We all know people dope tires and we no it won't stop. Just some of us choose not to. I don't see the big surprise about this. If you cured a tire and you know your going to be checked and your running 3rd you better fall back a few spots. I don't get it.
Your test came back negative from the outlaw show or the usac show?

3/21/22, 6:22 PM   #54
kinser

Still crickets from USAC hmmmmmm. I’m sure this deal will get swept under the rug because of who the teams are that failed the tests.

3/23/22, 5:33 PM   #55
Re: Tire Dopers
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

USAC four tire test came back as cheating but all four cheated with the exact same substance.

Or Hoosier sold some mediums that didn't match their baseline sample.

So is Extreme Correct in dishing out the fines and suspensions or does each team have to do their own tire test to determine that the legal tire is actually legal?

https://www.floracing.com/articles/7...ala-tire-tests

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, sprint38racer
3/23/22, 6:26 PM   #56
on_the_edge

So all 4 tests have the exact same chemicals? Man out of the half million different types of prep out there these 4 teams all used the exact same kind. Interesting information.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97
3/23/22, 7:20 PM   #57
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
Still crickets from USAC hmmmmmm. I’m sure this deal will get swept under the rug because of who the teams are that failed the tests.
just read on flo that it is going to get swept under the rug. xterme does win round 1.

3/23/22, 8:30 PM   #58
nw410gurl

does anyone know who the 4 teams are?

3/23/22, 9:13 PM   #59
otgracing17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
USAC four tire test came back as cheating but all four cheated with the exact same substance.

Or Hoosier sold some mediums that didn't match their baseline sample.

So is Extreme Correct in dishing out the fines and suspensions or does each team have to do their own tire test to determine that the legal tire is actually legal?

https://www.floracing.com/articles/7...ala-tire-tests

There is one main person that dopes sprint car tires in Indiana. I wouldn’t be surprised if they all were on the same stuff.

5 members like this post: dshort36, hbmundy, Kart#51, spankytoo, sprint38racer
3/23/22, 9:39 PM   #60
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw410gurl View Post
does anyone know who the 4 teams are?
Yes

2 members like this post: Heromaker, sprint38racer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers