IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D-2 Focus engines
12/21/15, 3:49 PM   #81
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJC77 View Post
If you want to talk about it face to face Im right up the road from you at drivetime 40th and Lafayette road loading an orange semi with my name on the door, if that doesn't work, I'm down here Monday wensday Friday everyweek.
Did you bring your bullet proof vest for that area?

1 member likes this post: LJC77
12/21/15, 5:26 PM   #82
Re: D-2 Focus engines
BrentTFunk

Of the hundreds of posts about d2 midgets I haven't seen one word that would get me as a fan to attend a race, nor have I seen anything that would interest me as a Promoter. Every posts turn into the same handful of guys whining, arguing, and complaining about their own interests.

12/21/15, 5:57 PM   #83
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Of the hundreds of posts about d2 midgets I haven't seen one word that would get me as a fan to attend a race, nor have I seen anything that would interest me as a Promoter. Every posts turn into the same handful of guys whining, arguing, and complaining about their own interests.
Ain't that the truth.

6 members like this post: Al Pierce, BrentTFunk, computergeek, fish, LRP36, MWRmgr1010
12/23/15, 5:12 PM   #84
teamfds

I raced 5 seasons in a midget against Lightning Sprints, they do not belong together. We did it for car count but the end result wasn't good. Most often our tracks are dry slick and the chain cars had the advantage. A few times a year we would have a heavy or rubber down track and the midgets would dominate. I personally have driven both and I can tell you my driving style is different between the two. The midget is a back it in and steer with the right pedal. The 1000 is a momentum car and drives in very straight. More than once have I climbed a Lightning Sprint with my right rear. This past year that particular track did away with the class and now both the local midget club and Lightning Sprint car counts were on the rise.

3 members like this post: CaptainAmerica, computergeek, the visitor
12/23/15, 6:44 PM   #85
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Ding ding we have a winner. I nominate this for the best post of 2015.

Leave to Mr Brent T Funk to put in words what most were thinking.

3 members like this post: stew60, the visitor, Vukie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D-2 Focus engines