IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racer8823 (Offline)
  #81 1/16/13 4:30 PM
It is hard to hate Kevin Swindell.....i find it interesting that Kevin was the first one on the track congratulating Chad Boat when he got out of his car on the night that he won his prelim
gtownplowboy (Offline)
  #82 1/16/13 10:21 PM
They did put a set of 18 fans at the end of the building in 1 and 2. Said it dropped the 02 levels by 1/3. Just put them in and said more for next year. Levi and Stanbrough had a repeat of the smackdown. They got out of their cars in 2 and officials had to hold J.S. back. Levi just stood there. Unbelivable. Cant wait to go back next year.. Hope they fix the scoreboard. Note to the announcers, sometimes silence is better than runnin on about nonsense. jmo.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #83 1/16/13 10:31 PM
Come on peeps. I need more substance to have some for tonight!

Charles Nungester
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #84 1/17/13 1:29 AM
Since the square tail midgets look kind of like the old "super modifieds" that ran in Oklahoma, maybe its a Karma thing that justs pulls them to the front in Tulsa.

It's either that or the Swindells have figured out dirt racing.

Actually, in the 70's it seemed Sammy was untouchable on quarter mile tracks with out a wing.
LocalYokel (Offline)
  #85 1/17/13 1:51 AM
Anybody could build a car just like the Swindells if they wanted to, and many try. There isn't any magic screw. It's just a combination of equipment and talent that keeps the Swindells dominant at the CB. It isn't cheating if there aren't any rules against their cars..

Posted via Mobile Device

You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.
sprntr (Offline)
  #86 1/17/13 2:10 AM
Originally Posted by LocalYokel:
It isn't cheating if there aren't any rules against their cars..

Posted via Mobile Device
There you go, wrecking a perfectly asinine discussion with logic.

steiny
Gabby (Offline)
  #87 1/17/13 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by wingedsprint47:
People need to quit complaining. If fans are going to quit buying tickets because the Swindells win every year, then you're not a true race fan. The no rules deal is never going to change and thats that. The Swindells have used it to their advantage, and not to mention Sammy is very sharp on the chassis setup. Every driver and car owner has a year now to brainstorm and figure out what they have to do to beat them.
I hope you don't work in a complaint department, because if you do, you suck at it. Complaints, or better yet, critiques, are used to improve a product. The "big show" at the CB needs improvement, no question about it. Putting the acknowledged top runners on the front row of a track that was bound to go away big time, all but guaranteed one of them a win. That was not a race. Emmett and Lanny should be embarrassed by the track conditions of this years Chili Bowl.

It wouldn't take much brainstorming to figure out the majority of the teams need some money laying around for a light-weight, special built midget with a super motor. Some things I'd like to see changed are removal of the side panels around the cages, no spoilers of any kind (eliminating them remove any suspicions), no wickerbills of any kind or size, and reducing the size of the right-side panels. For the CB race itself, the redraw for the prequalified drivers from the nights before should be for any of the prequalified spots. That should spice up the show.
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #88 1/17/13 9:15 PM
The CB gets a gazillion cars , sold out grandstands .... seems to me one of the bright spots in open wheel racing !
racenut69 (Offline)
  #89 1/18/13 10:42 AM
My beef is that it's too far away from home for me to get there..It's on the "List",though.

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
John P Huss (Offline)
  #90 1/28/13 4:13 PM
Some thoughts. Best track was Tuesday. The track should have been completely ripped apart and watered before "A". Mike Pickens motorcycle engines were banned running again a few years ago. Thought it was run what
you brung? He was awesome in that Midget.
Best Regards,
John