IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi Jones Done For Season
8/30/12, 9:23 PM   #81
Re: Levi Jones Done For Season
duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
Yeah yeah yeah excuses

Posted via Mobile Device
It's good to see the passion for and after the smackdown. it can to nothing but make it better for next year. did anyone read the part about Levi having surgery next week? maybe, just maybe his problem had something to do with what happened on lap 35. I still haven't seen a defined video of what happened. yes i was there.

8/30/12, 9:37 PM   #82
jim goerge

I;m not a fan of Levi or Stewarts but hope surgery turns out ok with levi. I am thinking Tony can put bunch of drivers names in his helmit and keep throwing it till only one names left

1 member likes this post: flyer
8/30/12, 9:52 PM   #83
burris7555

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALDEAL View Post
If Cummins, Burton, and Cunningham are so good.... where were they last week? Not proving themselves against the best.......
While a lot of guys was living the dream racing Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I say they were facing reality at work Thursday and Friday making it not worth there while to come for one day...
Last edited by burris7555; 8/30/12 at 10:23 PM.

3 members like this post: DunaganRacing, jim goerge, terrell854
8/30/12, 10:24 PM   #84
terrell854

Quote:
If Cummins, Burton, and Cunningham are so good.... where were they last week? Not proving themselves against the best.......
Well all this talk about low budget Burton is low budget as they come they had to work
But tell me how many low budget rookies win two races and we are not talking about paragon
I am talking about winning with the likes of Stanbrough,dd shu and all the rest there I would say that's not bad
For a rookie
Burton has ran top ten with usac several top fives has usac,and kiss heat wins and again remember he is still a rookie
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by terrell854; 8/30/12 at 10:44 PM.

8/30/12, 10:33 PM   #85
Cummins3c

Quote:
REALDEAL thats kinda harsh!!!! As i'm sure you have no idea what i do through the week to get to the races i can make. I started my own machine shop right out of college and i fund my own ride with the money i have left after paying the bills. With the help of a few sponsors i am glad when i can just get to a track once a week. I wish i could have been there. i love kokomo, but to take off thursday and friday was impossible for me. I am very thankful for the fans i have that support me no matter where or when i run.

8/30/12, 11:06 PM   #86
jeffnanny

Thanks for that response ^^^^. That's exactly the point of saying that these guys deserve a shot. Because They haven't had the stuff handed to them to go out and run with the big boys. I'm sure those guys at one point were just like the cunninghams, cummins and Burton's and working hard at their 9-5 or more just to be able to make it to one race during the weekend. So that's a pretty crappy response realdeal asking where they were. Seems to be so simple to you to drop everything so why don't you get out and step up and help one of them thru a race weekend.

And I'm not bashing the great big name guys or middle guys that have had better opportunities. I know you have worked hard and appreciate the great racing I get to go see very weekend with my family. I'm trying as one of the low budget guys to get out and run too. So thanks to everyone that is or has raced and been out there battling in front of the crowd.
Last edited by jeffnanny; 8/30/12 at 11:11 PM.

8/30/12, 11:26 PM   #87
racephoto1

Why not Tony, he's alread run Terre Haute this year in a 20 car.

IMG_5357 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

8/30/12, 11:28 PM   #88
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrell854 View Post
Well all this talk about low budget Burton is low budget as they come they had to work
But tell me how many low budget rookies win two races and we are not talking about paragon
I am talking about winning with the likes of Stanbrough,dd shu and all the rest there I would say that's not bad
For a rookie
Burton has ran top ten with usac several top fives has usac,and kiss heat wins and again remember he is still a rookie
Posted via Mobile Device
Im not going to bash anyone here, but are you sure your facts are right about several top 10's and top 5's with USAC?

On to the real issue, love him or hate him, Levi probably just made the hardest decision of his life by having to sit out the rest of the season while contending for another championship. This will be something that will weigh on him and hopefully he can recover quickly from this, because he is good for the sport as a whole with his huge fan base. I will also say that all speculation will be laid to rest come tomorrow night, assuming the rain holds off to get Granite in.

8/31/12, 4:18 AM   #89
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Im not going to bash anyone here, but are you sure your facts are right about several top 10's and top 5's with USAC?

On to the real issue, love him or hate him, Levi probably just made the hardest decision of his life by having to sit out the rest of the season while contending for another championship. This will be something that will weigh on him and hopefully he can recover quickly from this, because he is good for the sport as a whole with his huge fan base. I will also say that all speculation will be laid to rest come tomorrow night, assuming the rain holds off to get Granite in.
I think he was saying he has several top 5's AND has run in the top 10 in USAC.

8/31/12, 11:44 AM   #90
captrat

What?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
Windom !!! I still say Calistoga will out run him, just read Calistoga's post from a couple of weeks back, Oh wait Windom is not from Indiana he is from ILL. and Calistoga did not say he could outrun and out drive non-wing driver's from ILL. so Calistoga might not get the job done since the Sprint-Cars are at Granite City Ill. and the Silver Crown cars are at DuQuoin on Sunday. How about Windom Friday and Sunday and Calistoga Saturday since its the Action Track , Terre-Haute Indiana. I better quit playing on the keyboard and get back to work cause my boss (EP) visits this site.
What?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi Jones Done For Season