IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #71 7/5/13 9:13 AM
Originally Posted by kinser:
. That was in 2003

Posted via Mobile Device
Stanbrough was almost a straightaway behind and ran JJ down and passed him. One of the more impressive drives I have ever seen.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #72 7/5/13 9:46 AM
Originally Posted by Panama:

Those 5 are the only ones I know of.

Posted via Mobile Device
Now that's funny!
Panama (Offline)
  #73 7/5/13 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
Now that's funny!

Wasn't really tryin' to be a smartazz, it's just that in 50 years of going to the races, literally from coast to coast, I have NEVER gotten money back due to a rainout.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #74 7/5/13 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Panama:

Wasn't really tryin' to be a smartazz, it's just that in 50 years of going to the races, literally from coast to coast, I have NEVER gotten money back due to a rainout.
I always thought that when you paid to get in the ticket was your rain check. In case of a rain out, the track announces when the race will be re-run. Most tracks honor rain checks for a number of different times. Some only for a limited time while others the balance of the season.

I even had one a couple of years ago from late in the racing season that you could carry over to the next season. When I anti up at the pay window I certainly NEVER expect to get ANY money back.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, mowerman, PJ Wright
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #75 7/5/13 1:03 PM
When did usac start running a 25 car b main
racefan20 (Offline)
  #76 7/5/13 1:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wallsracing:
When they looked at the radar and saw rain in the area and decided they wanted to push their part of the show along. Why was there a problem.....or just looking for something to complain about?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: fish, ronmil
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #77 7/5/13 1:26 PM
Originally Posted by Wallsracing:
I thought the drivers handled it very well. Not a lot of yellows that normally happen when you start that many in the hooligan. With that also, yellows seem to breed yellows but not last night. Helped move the show along and allowed us travelers to get home at a decent hour, get some sleep and be ready for the work bell early this morning. All good on this end.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
ronmil (Offline)
  #78 7/5/13 1:36 PM
Had a very enjoyable evening! Track was in great shape, (most of the evening), great field of cars, and, most of all talking with my fellow fans at the track, be they IOWers or not.
Had an interesting drive. My Olds Aurora was having the air conditioning compressor replaced, so Kenny Kent gave me a 2013 Chevy Cruze with only 1100 miles to drive. I was impressed by the smoothness and quietness of this compact car. When I got out on the road, I started fiddling around trying to set the cruise control by pushing the button on the left stalk on the steering column, but nothing happened. So, I asked Rick to get out the little book in the glove box, thinking it would solve my problem. After a few minutes of reading, it was discovered that the blank space on the left steering wheel spoke was where the cruise control should be. So, bottom line, this Cruze didn't cruise. First time since 1973 I've driven a car that didn't have cruise control.
This little cars 1.8 liter four was deceptively quiet, and I crept over 80mph several times. I found a bus to follow on the way back home, and gauged my speed off him.
Really surprised at the lack of cruise control, especially considering some of the other equipment this car had, such as Onstar and XM Satellite radio. Did enjoy listening to the 50's on 5 and 40's on 4, but would have sacrificed that for the ability to rest my right leg. And apparently, I averaged somewhere near 40mpg.
Not really complaining because it was so good to finally see a race.
Oh, in regards refunds, I did receive a cash refund during Sprintweek at Gas City a few years ago. Bob Sargent gives refunds for his rained out Fairgrounds events at DuQuoin if you mail your tickets back to him. I have also received refunds via mail from him for the Hoosier Hundred as well.
LPS honored my rainchecks from April 27th as they said they would. No problem.
Hope everyone gets to enjoy a race at the track of their choice this weekend. Rick and I hope to get in two nights at Belle-Clair. Hate to miss the Sheldon Kinser and Chuck Amati races, but it can't be helped.

Ron Miller
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #79 7/5/13 2:51 PM
Originally Posted by mud packer:
i thought the drivers handled it very well. Not a lot of yellows that normally happen when you start that many in the hooligan. With that also, yellows seem to breed yellows but not last night. Helped move the show along and allowed us travelers to get home at a decent hour, get some sleep And be ready for the work bell early this morning. All good on this end.
yes they did a great job at it
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #80 7/5/13 2:55 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Had a very enjoyable evening! Track was in great shape, (most of the evening), great field of cars, and, most of all talking with my fellow fans at the track, be they IOWers or not.
Had an interesting drive. My Olds Aurora was having the air conditioning compressor replaced, so Kenny Kent gave me a 2013 Chevy Cruze with only 1100 miles to drive. I was impressed by the smoothness and quietness of this compact car. When I got out on the road, I started fiddling around trying to set the cruise control by pushing the button on the left stalk on the steering column, but nothing happened. So, I asked Rick to get out the little book in the glove box, thinking it would solve my problem. After a few minutes of reading, it was discovered that the blank space on the left steering wheel spoke was where the cruise control should be. So, bottom line, this Cruze didn't cruise. First time since 1973 I've driven a car that didn't have cruise control.
This little cars 1.8 liter four was deceptively quiet, and I crept over 80mph several times. I found a bus to follow on the way back home, and gauged my speed off him.
Really surprised at the lack of cruise control, especially considering some of the other equipment this car had, such as Onstar and XM Satellite radio. Did enjoy listening to the 50's on 5 and 40's on 4, but would have sacrificed that for the ability to rest my right leg. And apparently, I averaged somewhere near 40mpg.
Not really complaining because it was so good to finally see a race.
Oh, in regards refunds, I did receive a cash refund during Sprintweek at Gas City a few years ago. Bob Sargent gives refunds for his rained out Fairgrounds events at DuQuoin if you mail your tickets back to him. I have also received refunds via mail from him for the Hoosier Hundred as well.
LPS honored my rainchecks from April 27th as they said they would. No problem.
Hope everyone gets to enjoy a race at the track of their choice this weekend. Rick and I hope to get in two nights at Belle-Clair. Hate to miss the Sheldon Kinser and Chuck Amati races, but it can't be helped.
Ron,

Bought a new Cruze last fall and I have really enjoyed the car. Of course with all of the driving that I do, I certainly made sure it had cruise control. If you continue to drive it, I would suggest you get a brick and place in on the pedal. Might save the muscles in your leg from cramping.

I believe that they come with OnStar and XM Radio as standard equipment. Of course, after a certain period of time you have to pay for both of them, so you can see why.

Another thing that I learned when shopping for a new car. Not all new car models come with a jack and spare tire anymore. Some of them come with a can of Fix-a-flat and a hand air pump. Laugh as you might, but I know a friend who found out the hard way out on the interstate.

Mike