IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
sprntr (Offline)
  #71 12/22/09 8:46 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
Good one! I remember that one storn when they let people drive snowmobiles through town just to get to the Red Owl!
Here in Beautiful Stillwater, Minnesota, Snowmobiles are allowed on ALL city streets, if a parallel Trail is not provided. My kid rode his Sled to HS all three years when we had snow.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Originally Posted by tim watson:
i don't mind snow for christmas but i wish it would all melt away come jan. 1st.
amen!!
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #72 12/22/09 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by sprntr:
Here in Beautiful Stillwater, Minnesota, Snowmobiles are allowed on ALL city streets, if a parallel Trail is not provided. My kid rode his Sled to HS all three years when we had snow.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

amen!!
How much snow have you had so far this winter up there in Minnesota?
sprntr (Offline)
  #73 12/23/09 6:54 PM
How much snow have you had so far this winter up there in Minnesota?
Only about a foot, but it's snowing again now. Hope my snowblower gets fixed soon! Hate to see the wife work too hard shoveling!!
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #74 12/23/09 9:08 PM
Originally Posted by sprntr:
Only about a foot, but it's snowing again now. Hope my snowblower gets fixed soon! Hate to see the wife work too hard shoveling!!
We have had more than a foot so far, we had that one dump that was a foot. Sounds like something nasty coming the next couple days, maybe not a lot of snow but some ice and sleet to go with it.
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #75 12/26/09 11:38 AM
Well did anyone have any nasty weather over Christmas? We had some freezing rain but things didn't ice up to bad. A little dusting of snow but it was an easy clean up. Christmas day we had rain which is unusual for this area but it's better than snow. Big ice bergs in the gutters were melting so it looked like a spring thaw. The sump pump even ran quite a bit!
racegal (Offline)
  #76 12/26/09 11:46 AM
We got about a foot but it rained for quite a while so that leesened it some! It is till snowing!
We need all the moisture we can get! We have been in a decade long drought and we don't have to worry about races being rained out!!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #77 12/26/09 11:48 AM
We had less than an inch of snow here yesterday. But I think I've forgotten what the sun looks like.

But after looking at some of the pictures from the online papers from South Dakota, I don't think I'll complain too much. They had 15" in Sioux Falls, so I bet there aren't too many radio stations up that way playing "White Christmas" right now.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
sprntr (Offline)
  #78 12/26/09 4:49 PM
We had a high of 38*, 2" of new snow & a half an inch of rain yesterday here in Stillwater. Sidewalks are nasty!
Today is back to more normal weather, 22* with light flurries.
Andrew S. Quinn (Online)
  #79 12/26/09 5:10 PM
Have they all been 12" foots?? Or the 11.9" foots??

We have had more than a foot so far, we had that one dump that was a foot. Sounds like something nasty coming the next couple days, maybe not a lot of snow but some ice and sleet to go with it.
SprintManDave (Offline)
  #80 12/26/09 6:11 PM
It is nice to hear all of you talk about the great weather(for eskimos) ,but I think I will head for the Golf course.
Closed Thread