IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #71 6/19/15 10:20 PM
I remember seeing and hearing many many folks on this board and at tracks calling for change at USAC just before KM was brought in.......
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #72 6/20/15 8:42 AM
I have been reading this, and don't understand some of the comments. I can understand why some do not like Miller, but I can see some bright spots. He took over when the Silver Crown cars went through a failed experiment with the new cars. I am not faulting the people before him as they were in a tough spot trying to grow the series. After several tough years it appears they are finally turning the corner, and that to me at least, seems like a good thing.
Sprint cars are running more races than they have since the 1970's. The quality and quantity of the field have been excellent.
Midgets continue to be on the decline, as they are everywhere. I don't see growth in any series right now. I don't know if anyone can save it and turn it around quickly.
Pavement is another thing. USAC has gotten away from with the sprints and midgets, but that also seems to be a trend beyond USAC. I went to Anderson for a Must See race the Wednesday before the Little 500 and they only had 14 cars, despite more than 35 running the next day. Not too many years ago their car counts were pretty good. I think that for whatever reason people are going away from pavement. I hate it. To me there is nothing better than USAC sprint cars at Winchester. I remember a few years ago when ASA, Artgo, and many other traveling stock car series flourished, but now the only one that seems strong is the CRA group. Can a supermodified full field be found outside Oswego? I hope this trend changes, but thinks is beyond just a USAC problem.
Like most things in life, it could be better, but it could also be worse.
9 Likes: fish, FishBurger, Indy1808, interpreter66, JordanBlanton, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan, racer-x, Sandy Lowe
TQ29m (Online)
  #73 6/20/15 11:26 AM
Now don't shoot the messenger, but I intercepted a website the other day, called "Noggle's Goggle's", that if you look thru it a bit, you'll find some info on USAC, truth?, I don't know, but it might be a light into some truth, just sayin! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
team3521 (Offline)
  #74 6/20/15 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE:
Anyone remember who gave a glowing review and thumbs up to the hiring of KM?
I'd still really like to hear the answer. Please?
team3521 (Offline)
  #75 6/22/15 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by team3521:
I'd still really like to hear the answer. Please?
Keith...?!