IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
aka Liz (Offline)
  #71 5/26/10 9:39 PM
This is horrible news. My thoughts and sympathies to Jesse's family and friends at this awful time.

Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us, but you just never can fathom how this would happen to such a young guy with a bright future.

RIP, Racer...
Motormasher (Offline)
  #72 5/26/10 9:56 PM
I heard he got shocked by an electrical cord while loading his trailer..... that is very sad news.....
Hubie (Offline)
  #73 5/26/10 9:57 PM
Unreal........ such a talented driver, and easy to talk with after the races.

Will be greatly missed and always remembered. It is true that if Jesse was entered, he was someone to consider winning the event. He really had a bright, bright future in the world of racing

very sad

My deepest sympathy to his wife, family and friends

Hubie
bstevens2 (Offline)
  #74 5/26/10 10:00 PM
i never really had the pleasure of meeting jesse, but i have had the pleasure of racing with him and was inspired by every lap i was able to see him run. you will be missed jesse the sport needs more like you. thoughts and prayers from the stevens family. rip jesse
Joe@ScaleSprints (Offline)
  #75 5/26/10 10:05 PM
RIP Mr Hockett........
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #76 5/26/10 10:06 PM
To a friend! To one of the last true Outlaws .. whether it was winged or non winged...360 or 410.. sprint, midget or silver crown...He was up front...

Frank Sinatra said it the best.... and I believe my buddy Jesse lived it..

" I did it my way"

Biro 22 (Offline)
  #77 5/26/10 10:07 PM
We are very saddened to hear about this. RIP Jesse. An incredible class act. Terrible news.

Curt & Kenny
Quantrill (Offline)
  #78 5/26/10 10:07 PM
This is very sad news and the last thing I thought I would see on IOW. I am on vacation and just wanted to keep up with my racing news and logged on to IOW and saw this.

Jesse was never to big to come back to his home track in little California MO to put on some great shows. He was a true racers. Last year Jesse even came to one of our local mini sprint races and raced with us in a borrowed car. In true Hockett form he started last and made it up to 3rd and would have won given a few more laps.

RIP

Here is a link to more details on racin boys
http://www.racinboys.com/home/articl...rticle/h_13463
Dblchkrs (Offline)
  #79 5/26/10 10:09 PM
Unreal! R.I.P. Rocket

Brian Hodde
Chief Starter
Lincoln Park Speedway
Bloomington Speedway
Kokomo Speedway
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #80 5/26/10 10:11 PM
This is a thing I never even considered, Jesse being gone. One great person, who will never be forgotten. One of the last real outlaws, who ran for the money.If there was a race, and he had a chance to win $50 , he'd be there.

A class individual whose passing will leave a void that will never be filled. RIP Buddy.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, Jimmydiesel
Closed Thread