IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 27th World of Outlaws @ Lawrenceburg
5/28/13, 9:13 AM   #61
Re: May 27th World of Outlaws @ Lawrenceburg
tim brown

Buy a reserved seat months before the race thinking you will not have to wait in line raceday WRONG!!!! Had to wait over an hour to get a band so we could get in. What a Joke!!!! Will not happen again.

5/28/13, 9:22 AM   #62
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
Dry slick?
out law show what did you expect

3 members like this post: DWX 9929, mowerman, Ty
5/28/13, 10:05 AM   #63
Gee2

We all know people are going to complain about wing racing on this board, its the norm.. last night was a good show, a little dusty but it was a joy watching them run high against the wall and throwing out a monster rooster tail (S. Haud). Thanks for getting us out at a nice hour, was home in Indy and in bed by 11:30pm. Cant wait till Kokomo!

2 members like this post: fish, flatout
5/28/13, 12:36 PM   #64
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
good crowd of pewople, good field of cars.

i do not mean this in a mean way/ but track prep should be premier/ i heard nothing but ******** tonight, we were getting sand-blasted all night long and it was so dusty it was hard to see what was going on. got to get water deep into as well as on the track. i'm never opposed to siting through track prep when needed after the show has begun/ but puting water on a dry slick thats been run on doesn't seem to do very much

as far as the racing goes, i don't understand why woo has such a big following, our weekly non wing shows are so much better, so much more racing going on (woo shows seem to be won in time trials) granted these guys race a lot and are extremely talented and are lightning fast, but the stability the wings provide seem to take the drivers out of the mix

see ya on the 15th

Posted via Mobile Device
Just last week weren;t you on here saying Best track in the country?

5/28/13, 2:27 PM   #65
johnnythunderhead
Banned

it is without a doubt the best track in the country/ the racing is awesome seemingly regardless of the chosen mode of track prep/ i do not like dry slicks though, i hate being sand blasted, as would any sensible person

the racing was tolerable last nite, better than expected, not great like the non wing action is, but most certainly tolerable, but none the less difficult to see while getting sandblasted in the face, and yes i had goggles on and still had trouble seeing/ and trouble breathing as well (what with asthma and copd)

those kind of conditions will cause some people to stay away, while a well watered track with little or no dust will put butts in the bleachers/ i overheard a lot of grumbling last nite

Posted via Mobile Device

5/28/13, 2:39 PM   #66
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
it is without a doubt the best track in the country/ the racing is awesome seemingly regardless of the chosen mode of track prep/ i do not like dry slicks though, i hate being sand blasted, as would any sensible person

the racing was tolerable last nite, better than expected, not great like the non wing action is, but most certainly tolerable, but none the less difficult to see while getting sandblasted in the face, and yes i had goggles on and still had trouble seeing/ and trouble breathing as well (what with asthma and copd)

those kind of conditions will cause some people to stay away, while a well watered track with little or no dust will put butts in the bleachers/ i overheard a lot of grumbling last nite

Posted via Mobile Device
Hey Thunderhead,

You better get used to it. That is how the outlaws like it and they don't/won't do anything to change that. You went from proclaiming Lawrenceburg Speedway the best in the country to running them down a week later for the track prep. You can't have it both ways.

Just imagine what your ideal show would look like. Traditional sprints and winged sprints on the same card? What do you think track prep would look like for that? Don't believe that will happen in my lifetime. Good luck with that though. You really need to get out of the basement and back away from the keyboard more often. You're missing a whole lot of racing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman, Ty
5/28/13, 2:52 PM   #67
5JMOFFATTFAN!

Everyone talking about outlaws being dry slick all the time has never been to tri state for the outlaws I guess .... And Kokomo might slick off towards the end of the night next week but I garruntee you it won't be dusty for the first hot lap session .....

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: DWX 9929, Flatrightrear, i love dirt track racing
5/28/13, 2:54 PM   #68
Rpracing1

Mike, you won't have to wait long.............
June 15 at TSS................MSCS Sprints and MOWA Sprints on same card.

1 member likes this post: open_wheel_outlaw
5/28/13, 3:01 PM   #69
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Mike, you won't have to wait long.............
June 15 at TSS................MSCS Sprints and MOWA Sprints on same card.
I was referring to Mr. Thunderhead's magic program he would like to see Dave promote at Lawrenceburg. I realize that others run both types of sprint cars. Also, thanks for the reminder.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/28/13, 3:32 PM   #70
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/28/13 at 3:34 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 27th World of Outlaws @ Lawrenceburg