IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #61 3/21/13 9:24 PM
Since they dont't really have a product to market to promoters at this point, I really think USAC needs to micro-manage this series if they want it to survive. Identify why teams left, start calling owners to find out what it would take to participate again, find sponsors, promote the heck out of the races, etc. Even go to USAC 410 or ASCS 360 engine rules if necessary.

Posted via Mobile Device
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #62 3/21/13 9:30 PM
Originally Posted by CTtoPA:
Since they dont't really have a product to market to promoters at this point, I really think USAC needs to micro-manage this series if they want it to survive. Identify why teams left, start calling owners to find out what it would take to participate again, find sponsors, promote the heck out of the races, etc. Even go to USAC 410 or ASCS 360 engine rules if necessary.

Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry, I just lost it there for a moment. Now back to our regular posting.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #63 3/22/13 8:36 AM
Please expound Mud Packer. J just see a bunch of smilies :-)

Posted via Mobile Device
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #64 3/22/13 8:48 AM
Please expound Mud Packer. J just see a bunch of smilies :-)

Posted via Mobile Device
If you think the idiots that have damn near ruined this series have any interest in saving it, you are sadly mistaken. They wouldn't waste a minute of their time to contact car owners and find out their opinions on what it would take to get them back. They dictate what is going to happen and then can't figure out why cars are in the barn and not coming out to race with them. Their handling of the Silver Crown series the past 5+ years is absolutely horrible at best.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
6 Likes: fasster23, IndyBound, mowerman, ossuks, Pat O'Connor Fan
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #65 3/22/13 9:30 AM
Lol. Wishful thinking I suppose. As the saying goes, "you can't change a leopard's spots".

Posted via Mobile Device
sprntr (Offline)
  #66 3/22/13 9:30 AM

Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think going faster (410) would improve car counts nor do many ASCS owners race Non-Wing.

steiny
miledirt (Offline)
  #67 3/22/13 9:40 AM
For a series that supposedly few people care about anymore and is near life support, this thread sure is getting a lot of activity
6 Likes: HardyBoysRacing, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97, Mud Packer, ronmil, SpfldMile
Jonr (Offline)
  #68 3/22/13 9:47 AM
I found it interesting that a large group of people slam USAC for changing the Silver Crown rules over the last several years. These people claim that USAC tried to kill the series by introducing change into the sport. There is another group of people slamming USAC for not changing the rules. We think that a ______ motor would cure the sport. There is also another group of people slamming USAC for not trying to promote the series. Yet, Silver Crown does have a title sponsor. They have added/re-added three news dates to the schedule. Last year, they also had a Fuel sponsor.
sprntr (Offline)
  #69 3/22/13 9:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jonr:
Last year, they also had a Fuel sponsor.
A Fuel Sponsor whose product almost destroyed the series.

steiny
6 Likes: bandres21, K-Dawg30, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #70 3/22/13 5:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jonr:
I found it interesting that a large group of people slam USAC for changing the Silver Crown rules over the last several years. These people claim that USAC tried to kill the series by introducing change into the sport. There is another group of people slamming USAC for not changing the rules. We think that a ______ motor would cure the sport. There is also another group of people slamming USAC for not trying to promote the series. Yet, Silver Crown does have a title sponsor. They have added/re-added three news dates to the schedule. Last year, they also had a Fuel sponsor.
I am certainly not trying to slam anyone for making changes to the series. Change is inevitable and certainly would be welcome if done in the proper way.

However, I would think that the best way to institute change would be to work with your dance partners (car owners) prior to making significant changes that effect them rather than stuffing it up their *** and breaking it off with the attitude of we're King, take it or leave it.

How much of that title sponsorship money was put back into the car owners pocket when all was said and done? If it isn't transferred to them through increased purse money or point fund money at the end of the year, where did it go? All of the sponsorship money in the world won't bring cars back if the money somehow doesn't transfer into owners pockets. Car owners don't need increased expenses.

Brilliant ideas to change to new cars and obsolete the old ones makes no sense without some type to dialogue with the owners. What was the percentage of ownership that bought into that idea? Mandating a change in fuel without doing the proper testing for ALL car owners certainly didn't fly well either. That "free" barrel of fuel helped a lot with the process I'm sure.

Also, they didn't try to kill the series by introducing change, but through not knowing or realizing who there critical partners are, they damn near did. Of course, I am only some low life fan that pays to see them run. What the hell would I know?

Mike

4 Likes: IndyBound, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, SpfldMile