Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou vs Stewart
9/24/18, 6:07 PM   #61
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
For years I have seen people complain about Eldora about no one running high anymore, then we get it and one person complains, and that is considered the gospel by some. Jack Hewitt always said the closer you run to the wall, the less it hurts when you hit it.
Robert has run good at Eldora before when it was dry, and when it was rough. I think his later comments paint a better picture of who he is. I have been to every 4 crown, except the first one, and can honestly say that is the best track I have ever seen there. Robert is the only person who I have seen or spoken to who said anything negative about the track.
As for Tony's comments, Pretty tame compared to what Earl would have said or done. After facing more scrutiny than any other track, they really nailed it. Then get criticized and told the are going to kill somebody in what I am sure has been a tough time for everyone after the death of Greg Hodnett. I really can't blame him for being upset. I have done a little track prep, and I can honestly say I don't know how they could have done anything better.

Maybe the real lesson here is to stay off twitter until you think about what you want to say. I think of a couple of people other than Robert or Tony could also learn that lesson. 3 big races this week, so I am looking forward to Kokomo, Gas City and Lawrenceburg.
I like the positivity at the end there! As he said, let’s not forget we have an excellent USAC triple header on deck!

1 member likes this post: Kydehart
9/24/18, 6:10 PM   #62
Re: Ballou vs Stewart
jim goerge

I"m still waiting for my refund from Smoke for the great DUST OUT Its hard to make the next event at the track when you live 5 hours away and its a event you could give a sh#t less about. I know Tony don"t miss me and we"re even cuz I don"t miss his track either

9/24/18, 6:14 PM   #63
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
Hmmm which one of those drivers own their own car? Oh nevermind they just show up walk around trying to promote Nos Energy drink jump in the car and drive it and let everyone else do all the work on it and they are in a different car every year
Yeah you have to hate drivers and teams who produce on the track, and conduct them selves well enough to bring in a good sponsor. I have seen everyone who NOS has associated with,work hard, and make sacrifices. Just as Robert has done. I remember one time a very good driver, who shall remain nameless, had moved into a good ride. Someone told me, he is only good because he gets the best rides. My reply was, or does he get those rides because he is good? They all work hard and make sacrifices.

3 members like this post: duel, jim goerge, PJ Wright
9/24/18, 6:15 PM   #64
Slider20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post
Ktj owns all his equipment and is just flying Hoffman colors for sponsorship. Oh and he works on it as well. Last time I checked nos didn’t sponsor him either.
I think you meant KT.
Last edited by Slider20; 9/24/18 at 6:17 PM.

1 member likes this post: progressive22
9/24/18, 6:17 PM   #65
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I"m still waiting for my refund from Smoke for the great DUST OUT Its hard to make the next event at the track when you live 5 hours away and its a event you could give a sh#t less about. I know Tony don"t miss me and we"re even cuz I don"t miss his track either
Nothing wrong with the track the other night. Probably close to a hundred drivers raced, and only one complained. The racing was great. Hope to see you this weekend

2 members like this post: jim goerge, miledirt
9/24/18, 6:39 PM   #66
7horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post
Ktj owns all his equipment and is just flying Hoffman colors for sponsorship. Oh and he works on it as well. Last time I checked nos didn’t sponsor him either.
"Kevin Thomas Jr. will be behind the wheel as Mean Green Cleaner and Degreaser return to Hoffman Racing for its sixth season as sponsor of the USAC Nationals Sprint Car Series operation."

Sounds like he owns all the equipment

9/24/18, 7:00 PM   #67
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Didn't Tony get in a fight with a promoter in Austrailia or something?
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsp...122-1a0jf.html

Two hard heads, This one is.
I thought this is how Tony would prefer, someone dissatisfied, with his track prep should react. Or is this just how he acts, when he does not like track conditions?

4 members like this post: bighd0522, duel, Steve Wendel, trannyman
9/24/18, 7:03 PM   #68
Chase Hightower

No matter what, I’m glad he apologized for some things he said. I’m not very good at turning the filter on either. But, I don’t feel he was right. No matter the track prep, busting your a*s at Eldora is never a good thing. Same as Belleville, Winchester, Salem or any of the miles and other places. That’s what makes those places what they are. When you win at those kinds of places you really accomplished something, no matter your name. It is what it is. Respect him for the apology though, and will be glad to watch him wheel a car anytime.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, miledirt, rapid robert
9/24/18, 7:20 PM   #69
captrat

The idea that dirt tracks are by nature must be dusty is nonsense. Yes, on a hot, breezy day race and even sometimes a night race there is only so much you can do. This dust thing is something that fans have unfortunately came think is normal. I saw my first race at Eldora in 1967 and I can assure you no one was wearing goggles or bandanas over their face. Specifically at Eldora this problem had been exacerbated by the lack of quality surface material, big soft tires, reconfigured track, and yes a lack of track prep or prep that tries to satisfy a multitude of car types. I always extol the virtues of Sprint cars on dirt to non fans. If I taken a newbie to the 4 Crown where they could write their name in the dust on their seat they would never attend another dirt race. Also, what current sports fan would sit through an 7 hour event. We are victimizing ourselves and our sport by enduring such nonsense.

9/24/18, 8:38 PM   #70
gtownplowboy

Well , I have been going to Eldora since the early seventies.There has always been some dust. My opinion is that that the issues with dust as we have it now started with some bad dirt being put on the track and then they built the suites. I think that the suites block a lot of the air that used to "ventilate" the dust somewhat.Just one guys opinion here. Time always has a way of making things better than they actually were. peace

3 members like this post: duel, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou vs Stewart